Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 2:32:09 PM EDT
Anybody else going to Honobia this Friday? Just curious!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:14:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there Sat morning.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:09:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Chad, GOOD For YOU!
Anybody else?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#3]
if I didn't have to work...

It's ok though, I've already seen a bigfoot, so I don't need to prove anything to myself.

My father has seen one while coon hunting at night, on horseback. The dogs all ran up, sniffed the bush it was hiding in, and walked off.. then it jumped up and ran off when dad walked the horse up to it, about 15 years ago.

My uncle saw one in the swamp in louisiana while bow hunting for deer, 25 years ago.

my old neighbor, little girl, saw one just last week in SE oklahoma.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#4]
D. my uncle is a retired OK HP. He saw one crossing the road one night in his patrol car. He is an WWII vet, saw many things that caused great fear. He says that was one of the scariest moments of his life. This occurred sometime around 1968 or 1969 in NE OK. The funny thing about it according to him,  he is not the ONLY trooper who has had encounters with a Bigfoot. They don't talk about it to many people because of fear of ridicule.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
D. my uncle is a retired OK HP. He saw one crossing the road one night in his patrol car. He is an WWII vet, saw many things that caused great fear. He says that was one of the scariest moments of his life. This occurred sometime around 1968 or 1969 in NE OK. The funny thing about it according to him,  he is not the ONLY trooper who has had encounters with a Bigfoot. They don't talk about it to many people because of fear of ridicule.

I can't imagine anyone doing that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:08:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I might snicker a bit, but I wouldn't just burst out in a deep fit of laughter unless I didn't know you, unless of course you had pics to prove other wise.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I might snicker a bit, but I wouldn't just burst out in a deep fit of laughter unless I didn't know you, unless of course you had pics to prove other wise.

I wouldn't be snickering after you shot me in the leg if Bigfoot was chasing us!
Like you said, all you would have to do is outrun me!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:29:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I got about 30 miles from the house headed toward Honobia this monring and started carmping in the shoulder blade. It's only  been 12 days since the surgery on that shoulder so I turned around and went home. I've got an ice pack on my neck/shoulder and Bengay on under that. SH*T!
Damn I wanted to go to the festival.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:06:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Not me, I dont feel to good.........
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I may have to eat crow on this Honobia Bigfoot Festival. No "big news" like I was suspecting (and hoping).
1shott, I know you are a tradesman. I hope you don't have the problems with bone spurs and arthritis that I am having now when you get older. I'm looking at two more surgeries to get maximum mobility back. It's been two years since I "sneaked a creek" while deer hunting and I miss my time alone in the woods. But I taught my son well about "sneak and peek" with a bow.
Last year, he stalked a buck for over 30 minutes and killed it with his first shot - it only covered 40 yards before piling up! He triggered several of the cameras we have set up on the place. No shots of him shooting, just one of him pulling back!
I was jacking with a four wheeler last night, adjusting a carb on a Polaris 425. I pushed it a lot further than I should have.  I'll be able to shoulder a rifle for gun season but probably won't take one. Unless one of those man eating fawns just out of spots charges me!
Right now I am doing fine. Lortabs are wonderful when you need them!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I may have to eat crow on this Honobia Bigfoot Festival. No "big news" like I was suspecting (and hoping).
1shott, I know you are a tradesman. I hope you don't have the problems with bone spurs and arthritis that I am having now when you get older. I'm looking at two more surgeries to get maximum mobility back. It's been two years since I "sneaked a creek" while deer hunting and I miss my time alone in the woods. But I taught my son well about "sneak and peek" with a bow.
Last year, he stalked a buck for over 30 minutes and killed it with his first shot - it only covered 40 yards before piling up! He triggered several of the cameras we have set up on the place. No shots of him shooting, just one of him pulling back!
I was jacking with a four wheeler last night, adjusting a carb on a Polaris 425. I pushed it a lot further than I should have.  I'll be able to shoulder a rifle for gun season but probably won't take one. Unless one of those man eating fawns just out of spots charges me!
Right now I am doing fine. Lortabs are wonderful when you need them!

To late, got lots of joint problems, 21 years of concret and heavy machinery have allready took thier toll on me.

GOOD DEAL about your boy, I am sitting this season out, well maybe a hunt or two, but for most part, I am just not real interested in it this year.

BTW, Channel 4, KFOR had a story about the bigfoot festiville, even a interview with a couple of "eyewitnesses"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top