Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 5:16:32 PM EDT
The first black widow i have ever seen. i found it on a sponge that has been sitting on my porch for 5 or 6 months. I have lots of fiddlebacks but i never knew oklahoma had black widows. http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/Sar-1Berdan/000_0018.jpg
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I see one outside from time to time.  None in the house, so far at least.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#2]
When I was younger my dad told me there aren't any black widow spiders in Oklahoma, so I took him out on the back porch and showed him the one that had set up housekeeping back there.

They are rare, I've only seen 2 or 3 in my life, but they are here!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I just found my first one ever on my back porch a few months ago too.  It was HUGE!!!  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I have seen several around our place here in altus.   will get some pix when i think of it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:50:45 PM EDT
[#5]
there are lots of them at my house in nw okla
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:14:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I found one in my garage a few months ago......he got scared when I whipped out the camera on him but I got a few pics. Before I blasted it with the spider spray.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top