Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 1:40:40 AM EDT
so you may wish to stand back,

but I was just thinking that we need to have a survival forum in the okla. board, I mean we have a deversified state, everything except mountains, in the mountainy sence of the mountains, but we do have the foresty part in SE OK. and the desert look in the NW and various lakes rivers and streams, plus we have natural disasters every year, what better state to have an attached survival forum in, and most of us here have some sort of contingency plan to survive after the fact, but your input would be welcomed,  thats just my thoughts.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:25:52 AM EDT
[#1]
How to survive with and without your pork chop, loss of abiilty to purchase cold beer, no gas to get to your favorite beer joint, are all subjects we need to discuss!
All kidding aside, L, not a bad idea!
Lots of people think they are tough and can survive in the woods with nothing but a loin cloth and knife. Of course some are way overblown in the estimation of their skills.
Talking about survival in urban and rural settings would be a great idea!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:43:46 AM EDT
[#2]
well I can live easily without booze and gas and could get by without a gun, but I wouldn't even want to live without the use of my pork chop.

but yeah, thats kinda what I had in mind with the diversity of our state, its abundant rural areas abound, theres no metropolitan area that doesn't have a vast amount of rural settings more than 10min. away from it, fair weather most of the year and 80% of the residences have at least one firearm in them, now I'm not going to say it'd be easy to survive a shtf or eotwawki type situation, and even I'm not as prepard as I'd like to be, and I don't think you can even plan to have everything you'd need for all situations, but you could be prepard for most and if you  don't have what you need when the time comes, you'd at least have a decent idea as to what to do to compensate and adapt.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
so you may wish to stand back,

but I was just thinking that we need to have a survival forum in the okla. board, I mean we have a deversified state, everything except mountains, in the mountainy sence of the mountains, but we do have the foresty part in SE OK. and the desert look in the NW and various lakes rivers and streams, plus we have natural disasters every year, what better state to have an attached survival forum in, and most of us here have some sort of contingency plan to survive after the fact, but your input would be welcomed,  thats just my thoughts.

aint gona happen they just got a 1911 forum this year

although I'll talk survival stuff with you and your always welcome to come down and go on a hike with me you never know we might find some survival drink ............ oh yea I carry that with me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#4]
sounds bout right, since yesterday was my b-day and the gf booked sat., I spent another b-day with my old friends JD, Bud and a several of their friends chingata Margrita, and I think we must have been cross and argued with one another and started fightin, cause when I woke up to go vote this morning, I felt as if somebody kicked the shit outta me, still feeling mighty peakish now, so no more survival drink for me for at least a few days.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top