Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 6:15:15 PM EDT
Ark and I was talking yesterday about Tannerite. Has anybody used it and how loud is it?
I might get some for a night shoot soon! Hopefully my crazy neighbor lady would just love it!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#1]
They had some at the shoot that was down near McAlester earlier this year, make big boom!  Scare the neighbors!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Can I mix it in 20 lb size?
You don't think it would wake them up a few hundred yards away, would it?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:52:18 AM EDT
[#3]
At JTACs place they shot up quite a bit of the stuff. Bottle sizes were probly.....a cup mixed (1/2 pint or so). I'm thinkin if you've got the $$$ to buy and mix 20lbs worth of the stuff......you should buy enough for everyone to shoot 20lbs worth of tanerite. muhahahahahaha And wait, you're gonna mix the stuff up.....who's gonna shoot it for ya since ya got the bum shoulders??  hehe I gladly volunteer to do it for you and then I'll give you the play by play as I sighted in and squeezed the trigger.   hehehehe
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:52:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Why not make your own?

reactive target recipe
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:28:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry but 20 lbs in oklahoma is a no no . Oklahoma states that if  you use over 5 lbs of exploding  suff you have to reporting it to Batf and you must have a lic blaster on site. I am a dealer for scarecrow exploding targets I will send you a im of my dealer cost.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:25:42 AM EDT
[#6]
20lbs !!!! HOLY SHI* !!
I am a range officer every year at OFAST(oklahoma full auto shoot)
most of the guys just mix it up and put it in a pop bottle(1lb-16oz)the most being a GatorAid
bottle's worth!!and that's equal to a 1 stick-o-dyno!!(so what your talking about  is = to 10 pounds of Dynomite blast!!!)
(one guy put 7 pop bottles full in a old store type chest freezer and sent peices about 200 yards or more away-by the way there was nothing left of it!!!)(oh yeah, nobody is alowed to put that quantity out unless it's at the 300 yard mark!!)

Anyway,just the pop bottles make a real nice boom(all flash no fire)
if you want something cool try a pop bottlefull of tanerite and duct  tape it to a gallon of gas!!
don't for get to put a calyum stick on it so you can see what you shooting at!!

OH YEAH!!, almost forgot! stay at the very least 100yrds away and definatly more! if you can with the bigger bottles , even without the gas!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#8]
someone had some at the shoot at Lex. last year, he was mixing it in what looked like 4oz bottles, and it was pretty loud, don't remember any flash.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#9]
20 lbs is illegal? Hmmm, can we daisy chain four 5 lbs targets? That would be OK!
Wanna stay legal!
Rat, left shoulder is doing fairly well. Still got a few pains but is getting better everyday. We have a Savage bolt in 223 that can knock the hair off a mosquito's ass at 100 yds.  If I can't shoot it, my son will be more than glad. He didn't like listening to Jingle Bells on a loud speaker at 6 AM in the morning last year when he went deer hunting on our property. You could actually hear that crazy neighbor's music for over a mile. Neither the  Logan County Sheriff or the Game Ranger would do anything about this crazy gal harassing us while hunting on our own property.
We are still going to have a night shoot sometime soon!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn Dan I need more neighbors like yourself, the ones I got are either outlaws, liberals or leo's, and most are a pain in the ass, hell they don't even invite me to the neighborhood meetings anymore and I've lived on my circle longer than any of them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
 hehe I gladly volunteer to do it for you and then I'll give you the play by play as I sighted in and squeezed the trigger.   hehehehe

Hell it would take you five 30rnd mags and three betas to hit it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:24:32 PM EDT
[#12]
L., one of your neighbors is a good friend of mine. Larry H**t told me about lots of problems he had moving a double wide in. That LEO got a black tagged car of his hauled off. Of course, Larry doesn't throw anything away and that probably keeps him in trouble with all his neighbors.
I gave him a really nice pit bull pup years ago and some one "eliminated" the dog. That one pit bull he had left was his wife's dog and would scare the sh*t out of a Bigfoot.
L. one of these days you are going to have to go to Crescent with me. We'll drink some of Frankie's home made wine, visit Old Bud - 103 years old, drive the country side looking for cougars!
There is one north of Crescent, about 3 to 4 miles, just a few miles off Hwy 74. We may not get lucky to see it, but I'll damn sure show you some deer. One of my places even had a bull elk run on for a short while. No BS, I damn near fingered the trigger while I was looking at him through my scope. But being the good law abiding hunter that I am,  he got to breathe for a while longer.
But this crazy b*tch next to me thinks she runs the entire section. She got ran out of Crescent for gardening in the nude. That would be scarier than running into Bigfoot and homo aliens rolled into one. Only a man of your "size" could make her happy - if you could stand to get that close to the goofy broad!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 hehe I gladly volunteer to do it for you and then I'll give you the play by play as I sighted in and squeezed the trigger.   hehehehe

Hmmm, sounds like a night shoot coming up soon!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:32:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
this crazy b*tch next to me thinks she runs the entire section. She got ran out of Crescent for gardening in the nude. Only a man of your "size" could make her happy - if you could stand to get that close to the goofy broad!

depends.... what she look like, not that it really matters, I mean to say I do have standards,albeit low ones, usally starts just to the left side of  gross.

as for the H's, their pretty good people, most others on that side of the circle are a bit uppitty,  I caught the leo hunting on my families property last year, and he told me he had written permission to hunt there from the owner, so I asked to see the paper, and it was nobody I'd ever even heard of, so being the good son I am, I let him know that he was trespasing on private property thats on federal trust land and to not come back, he'd also gave "permission" to some of his friends, ran them off also, felt kinda funny standing off aganst three armed guys, but luckly had a couple of cousins back in the woods case anything bad might have happened to me, turned over their names to the tribal police and the officer in turn turned it over to the BIA agency, look to catch them again this year since his property ajoins ours, and he's got that superiority above the law complex that most leo's have around here, some are cool, most I wouldn't piss on.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:43:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I gladly volunteer to do it for you and then I'll give you the play by play as I sighted in and squeezed the trigger.   hehehehe

play by play my ass, hell Rat if you could talk as fast as you pulled a trigger, you'd sound like a chipmonk on a week long meth trip, course it be probably be confusing as hell, but at least it'd be as entertaining as all get out to listen to.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hey ark be easy on the boy, it only takes 1 round outta the 450 he'd put down range to set the target off.

Rats the only guy I know that'd have to have an ammo bearer to supply a semi-auto in a fire fight.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#17]
5 lbs with a  delay of a 1/16 of a sec if is fine just not 20lbs all at once
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
and he's got that superiority above the law complex that most leo's have around here, some are cool, most I wouldn't piss on.

I know a Game Ranger that has the same attitude. He hunts wherever he wants and in the past hasn't been shy about saying so. The same one that won't do a damn thing about LICENSED HUNTERS being harassed by an antihunter.
Having carried a reserve officers commission, I understand some of the "benefits" of being LEO.
Well deserved in some instances because of the low pay. But stepping on other peoples property for hunting and taking buddies with you ain't one of them!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I gladly volunteer to do it for you and then I'll give you the play by play as I sighted in and squeezed the trigger.   hehehehe

play by play my ass, hell Rat if you could talk as fast as you pulled a trigger, you'd sound like a chipmonk on a week long meth trip, course it be probably be confusing as hell, but at least it'd be as entertaining as all get out to listen to.

OMG......you guys are killin me!

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#21]
OMG, Dan, you are the man for starting this thread...

you know what? I have a pound or two a powdered AL sitting around...  :wonders if the local feed store has 34 0 0  :

only one way to find out....

tannerite is a low velocity explosive, thats why it sounds so nice, bass travels well. powerful high explosives sound high pitch like a crack, and don't really sound as powerfull as a good slow thump... gotta luv chemistry class...  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:01:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't think you need to crush up the amfo 34-0-0 the brand I sell is not crushed up
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:12:05 AM EDT
[#23]
hey you guys talkin bout blowing up targets or stumps, the only thing I ever heard of 34-0-0 being used on was grass and stumps.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:04:46 AM EDT
[#24]
targets
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:12:23 AM EDT
[#25]
no, not ammonium nitrate + fuel oil

WE are talking about ammonium nitrate + aluminum

the blender trick is a great idea  I never thought of that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#26]
But will a 22 LR set off  your home brew no .will my targets go bang with a 22lr out of a pistol yes
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#27]
So where, if anywhere, in the Tulsa area can you get Aluminum powder that is 400 mesh or smaller?  I see it online but that would be a PITA for just that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:24:38 AM EDT
[#28]
You know whats funny is I have seen several people on these boards asking for the recipe for actual tannerite, and all you have to do is look up the patent and it tells you the composition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top