Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2005 10:22:30 AM EDT
My folks live just outside Chelsea. Everytime I vist them I would love to go pig hunting but, they don't have any on their land

Anyone know of a place to shoot them or a farmer that would love to have the pig problem takin care of?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:36:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Try the public land around Panther Creek and Blue Creek.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#2]
You can go east on 28A  from chelsea and go over the trunpike and the first right you come to ( dirt road ) go just about 1 mile or less and their a ranch that has hog hunting on their land, have no idea of the name of the place so you might drive out and get some info first.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:47:17 AM EDT
[#3]
The place off 28A is Crazy Mo's.  It is archery only, I live east of Adair. I've heard some good things about Mo's, but I have not hunted there myself.  Blue Creek and Panther Creek have a few ferals, aand word thru the grapevine is that there is someone over by Chelsea turning them loosein that area.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The place off 28A is Crazy Mo's.  It is archery only, I live east of Adair. I've heard some good things about Mo's, but I have not hunted there myself.  Blue Creek and Panther Creek have a few ferals, aand word thru the grapevine is that there is someone over by Chelsea turning them loosein that area.  

I've driven by Crazy Mo's but, I want to shoot them with a rifle not with my bow.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:06:20 AM EDT
[#5]
If you want to use a rifle try the public areas I mentioned.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:16:13 AM EDT
[#6]
hogs are only legal on public land during deer season...to my knowledge.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:39:41 AM EDT
[#7]
hogs + pigs = pork chop

sugar + spice + everything nice = woman

pork chop + woman = very good time

pork chop + woman + very good time + a little booze = buzzed up lucky bastard

pork chop + woman + very good time + a bito booze + drunk fat lucky bastard - a little common sence + nine months = unhappy bad tempered mother that hates a very sober fat bastard with a fried pork chop in his pocket, thats hopeing to find a bigfoot mugger that will twist your head around backward. but not in all cases, some times you get abducted by aliens, ridin like a cougar and analy probed by bigfoot.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#8]
You don't have to tell him your real name!
That will keep the consequences to a minimum!
So much for pork chops!

Hogs are starting to be a problem out west. I've been told they are starting to tear up grounds near Kingfisher.  
If you are on privately owned land on some places out west, the land owner expects you to bust as many as you can.
These wild hogs may get to be one hell of a problem all over the state in a few years!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#9]
its a fact that if they are not controlled they will eventually take over the population. if you dont believe this move to arkansas
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:21:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been roaming these woods for years and never seen ONE wild hog, but I must be in the wrong spot.

My buddy says he knows a spot on the cimmeron river north of McAlester.

I have yet to make him show me the spot.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:04:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
hogs are only legal on public land during deer season...to my knowledge.

Thats not the case unless it's a new law/reg thats been passed....... That I haven't heard about.

A certain wildlife managment area that's bow only deer season the ranger told us the rest of the year we were welcome to gun hunt hogs. That was 2yrs ago but I doubt it has changed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top