Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2005 10:16:24 PM EDT
I went to the downtown post office trying to do a mass mailing for an organization we are trying to form. A supervisor came out and told me they wouldn't accept the permit number and that it was not properly formatted. Funny it worked a couple of weeks before!
The guy goes through a whole smear telling me I am SOL. Then asks if there is anything else he can help with. So off we go again. After another 10 minutes, he tells me I am screwed again.
Next statement, "Is there anything else I can help you with?"
After about 30 minutes of this guy telling me they won't do jack with our mail under bulk rates,
I almost asked him if he ever really did "help" anyone get anything done. But I was nice and went my merry way.
Two weeks ago I get a letter back marked "NSN" - no such number - with the zip code circled.
Well, kiss me on the whazzoo, but that zip code does exist!
Last week my mail was delivered next door one day.
Monday I get a magazine cover with no interior, just the front and back cover with the address label on it.
If I go down to my local postmaster and pitch a bitch, I'll bet he'll give me a long spiel, tell me there is nothing he can do about my mail problems, then ask me "Is there anything else I can help you with?"
It looks to me like USPS management is working hard to improve customer service!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:37:24 PM EDT
[#1]
They screw u at the usps. News not really

They fuck you at big brown/ UPS  really old news.

But if you want a hard core anal entry deal with fed ex  KY is not an option with these bastards
they give it to you dry.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:03:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They screw u at the usps. News not really

They fuck you at big brown/ UPS  really old news.

But if you want a hard core anal entry deal with fed ex  KY is not an option with these bastards
they give it to you dry.

UPS just lost $750 worth of electronics equipment that was in 3 different boxes. The driver swears he delivered it to my door, and maybe he did, but I never got it. They've been a royal pain in the butt to deal with. I can say that FedEX was a big hassle to deal with as well about a year ago when they broke a lightbar that I had sent to me.

Of the 3, I've had the best luck with US Postal Service. FWIW, YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#3]
A few years ago I was seeing a nice lady in Choctaw, I sent her a birthday card addressed to her home address, it came back a few weeks later, marked "No such address", well I knew the address was correct because I had been to her house several times, I didn't know where the post office was, but later found out it was only about 2 blocks from her house!

I talked to her and some other Choctaw residents later, they all complained about how bad the Choctaw post office was, in fact one couple I talked to lived in Choctaw, but maintained a post office box in Jones for their mail!!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A few years ago I was seeing a nice lady in Choctaw, I sent her a birthday card addressed to her home address, it came back a few weeks later, marked "No such address", well I knew the address was correct because I had been to her house several times, I didn't know where the post office was, but later found out it was only about 2 blocks from her house!

I talked to her and some other Choctaw residents later, they all complained about how bad the Choctaw post office was, in fact one couple I talked to lived in Choctaw, but maintained a post office box in Jones for their mail!!!!

YOU SLY DEVIL

I knew you were a player.  ................ We have more in common than just likeing guns.
You knew one of us crazy's were gona give you a hard time didn't you.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:36:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats funny, I have had almost the complete opposite trouble, excluding USPS.

Fed Ex has gone out of their way to help me, even contacted a driver and had him swing back by my place. UPS however, doesn't seem to understand that people work during the day and so they only deliver during the day. Called them up to ask the driver to come by later in the day (Sixish) and they told me he already does. I argued for a bit and the operator told me that almost all UPS deliveries are "after usual business hours to residential locations".

USPS fucked up my mail and my wifes when we moved in together. Still haven't received my title for my car, but I didn't get the release of lein notice. Oh well.

fanoblack
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top