Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2005 10:52:01 AM EDT
I lost my former gunsmith Earl House to diabetes and other illnesses. He's still alive but has closed his
shop and is not working anymore (in spite of me begging.)

Any GOOD gunsmiths in the Tulsa area, or possibly even OKC. I get to OKC about once a month anyway. Looking for pistolsmith (Earl House was rated in the top 100 pistolsmiths in the US) and also looking to cut-down a 16" AR barrel to 14.5" legal limit with a perm attached FH.

Please suggest ONLY if you have used them before. I don't need to meet another self-trained butcher wanna-be. I can do that myself.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#1]
don't know of any pistol smiths, but big boys toys in wheatland did some work on my brothers ar,
and I like your sig line, did you know that John Wayne was a major contributor to the demize of the American Indian?, yeah he was, he killed more indians than smallpox with a six shooter he never had to reload, well................. at least in his movies he did.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Jim Meredith at PCS Inc. is in Tulsa, not too far from the fairgrounds. Found him thru the falfiles, haven't seen anything but good reviews on him over there. I've had him do a couple park jobs and also rebarrell an AR for me, don't know what he does as far as pistolsmithing but he does great FAL, Hk and AR work.Nice guy to deal with, and he always got my stuff done in just a week or two.

http://www.angelfire.com/ok5/pcsinc/index.htm
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:48:58 AM EDT
[#3]
For pistol work you may want to check out Trident Precision Machine in Tulsa. Heard alot of good things about their work.

www.frogmans45.com/
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Just mail your upper to Jason at www.jtacsupply.com for any AR work.  I have had good luck with Chris the head gunsmith at H&H in OKC and I own one of his custom Caspian 1911's.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Mike, the gunsmith at Oklahoma Police Supply in Tulsa is a great one. He's worked on several of my toys and I have been pleased.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top