Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/20/2005 8:20:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 4:27:00 AM EDT
[#1]
hellofa invite, it'd be nice to pick up a few tips from a genuine builder,
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 7:31:45 AM EDT
[#2]
That sounds pretty cool, but how much "hand-holding" are you willing to do lol.  I haven't got any kits yet and would most likely just get a reciever from armory usa and not bend one.  It would be nice to have one that I made and that was off the books though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#3]
That's a heck of a deal, I might need to obtain another AK kit with help like that available!
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 8:50:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Well get a kit ASAP as thier prices are going up due to the new Sept 10th Importation law thing goin on.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#5]
What day of the week?
Thanks for the offer
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 3:34:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Im in for sure.  It would be awsome for a hack builder like me to get a few tips from a pro like you. Thanks for the kind offer. Name the time and place and I'll be there.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Where is the best source for compliance parts?  I know I could go direct through tapco, but didn't know if someone had their parts for cheaper.  Where do you get the rivets anything else little like that?
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#9]
look on midwestarmory.com, he had the G2 fcg for $27 and rivets sets for $8 and flats for $12,
and several differnt stocks sets on sale.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Can we have a slumber party too
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 12:42:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm in, I just ordered a Polish underfolder kit.

It'll be great to have several people who know what they're doing around to help guide us!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

It'll be great to have several people who know what they're doing around to help guide us!

I am dieing to get me a polish underfolder but cash is slim.  dont forget to post pics!!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:20:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm in if there are no schedule conflicts. Like Ark, I want to see what I've been doing wrong or could do better!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I ordered one from AA on 7-15 and I'm still waiting, Bob told me that he was way behind and still had to grade, pack and ship, said it would be 7 to 10 days, must be more, cause I haven't got a notification by em yet, I'm starting to wonder if mine got lost in the shuffle, and I see on his thread in the EE that he's out of the gr 2s like I ordered, guess I'm gonna havta call and find out.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I ordered one from AA on 7-15 and I'm still waiting, Bob told me that he was way behind and still had to grade, pack and ship, said it would be 7 to 10 days, must be more, cause I haven't got a notification by em yet, I'm starting to wonder if mine got lost in the shuffle, and I see on his thread in the EE that he's out of the gr 2s like I ordered, guess I'm gonna havta call and find out.

Yup, I ordered from Bob also, I didn't plan on doing it this soon, but the ATF kinda forced me to! I was gonna wait until next year, I've already got a SAR-1 that I shoot the hell out of, but once I found out about the ATF letter, I went ahead and ordered. Seems like I'm not alone, I tried for about 45 min before I could get ahold of him. He said it's just been nuts around his place.

I was going to order a grade 2, but by the time I called (this afternoon) he was out of them, so I ordered a grade 1. Bob also quoted me a 10 day wait before he would be able to ship it out, and said that I would probably not get a shipping notification.

I can be patient though, luckily we won't be doing this thing until October, so that will give me time to gather the rest of the parts. Speaking of which, what receivers have you guys been looking at? I'll have to spend some more time than usual on the AK side and try to find out more about what receiver to get.

Man, my CC company has just got to love this site!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:18:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Speaking of which, what receivers have you guys been looking at? I'll have to spend some more time than usual on the AK side and try to find out more about what receiver to get.

The best on the market right now.

www.globaltrades.com/ak_receivers.html

Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:24:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I've built on 4 Global receivers and had great results. Much better than the OOWs we built on at first. Ark is steering you right!
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:01:20 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd like to come n build!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:56:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Prob do it on a Sat one weekend, prob first of Oct.

For those guys who have never done one, just get a kit and parts, there should be a few guys including myself to get you thru it.

I'll be there! I've had my kit for well, since about the middle of april and I have a bent flat that i haven't touched since.....well since we bent it at Dan's place.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll be there! I've had my kit for well, since about the middle of april and I have a bent flat that i haven't touched since.....well since we bent it at Dan's place.

rat rat rat, you still trying to decide whether to build that plum kit on a good receiver or the bend your own kind?, I'm still not satisfied with the dph or tapco flats, but their fairly cheap and will have to do till I find something better, seen a differnt flat on a weaponer group buy, it doesn't have the trunion holes pre-drilled, but I don't know who makes it and I've got a bunch of flats I got to use up first, before buying anything new.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#22]
I no longer have my flat bending jig. So if anyone wants to bend some flats they will have to come up with a jig.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#23]
We might be able to come up with another one if the individual is willing to let us use it. We'll see.
I am not all that crazy about the flats we bent. They work OK but are a little too soft to my liking.
After you build one on a Global/Armory receiver nothing seems quite as good.
Ark, you're a damn good man to have let us use that jig! But don't let it go to your head!
Rat, you probably need to give me that plum kit so you won't have to worry about doing something with it anymore!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm interested.  Waiting on a kit from scott at dpharms.com  I'll bet he's busy now.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:24:59 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted: Rat, you probably need to give me that plum kit so you won't have to worry about doing something with it anymore!

Hmmm....tempting offer Dan....I'll think about it....
*rolling on floor passing out from severe laughter*
Sorry Dan, I'll keep it. Pookie would kill me if I got rid of it....and speaking of Pookie..... there is a chance Pookie will be in the sooner state......and a slight chance he'll be at the build party. I'm not sure I haven't talked to him in a couple of weeks so I donno if he's gonna come n visit or not. My old man told me I need to give him a call and see when/ if he might possibly come n visit us.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:45:03 AM EDT
[#26]
You had to go and mention Pookie! You and your dad! That guy costs me lots of money! Go ahead, rub it in!
Seriously, if he did come, it would be one hell of a party!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:41:37 PM EDT
[#27]
No Pookie, from the way he's talking he's talkin about comin down around either Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:55:54 AM EDT
[#28]
BTT, just because its too good of an offer to let fall offa the front page.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Prob do it on a Sat one weekend, prob first of Oct.

For those guys who have never done one, just get a kit and parts, there should be a few guys including myself to get you thru it.

Is this going to be on event ?

I would make the trip from Dallas to build one since I am not familiar with AKs.

Do you have a good parts kit in mind I could purchased for this build ?

Sounds like fun.

email me information on where to purchase what you would consider a quality kit other wise if you have some nice kits I will go with that.

Thanks
John
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#30]

that would be cool im like 30 min from muskogee. sign me up!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I received the Romy kits from Scott at DPH.   They are nice.  I've never been to a build party.  Is it OK to put together more than 1 kit?  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:44:46 PM EDT
[#32]
i need a recvr but im in for a build if i get one in time
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:48:30 AM EDT
[#33]
BTT, once again.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#34]
L, good move!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:54:39 AM EDT
[#35]
This can't take place on October 8th......thats OU/TX weekend.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
This can't take place on October 8th......thats OU/TX weekend.

hell Rat you already know who's gonna win, if you don't have to work that day theres no reason not to make it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Am I too late to sign up for the festivities? Just got my underfolder from Bob.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:23:08 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Am I too late to sign up for the festivities? Just got my underfolder from Bob.

hey, did you get all your parts and did all the numbers match?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#40]
The numbers match (except bayo) and everything is there as far as I can tell. My Grade 1 is in primo condition, just a couple of tiny scratches on the stock. This thing is too nice for me to try on my own for the first time. I might try to find a nice Romy to also build as a shooter and keep the underfolder as a safe queen.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#41]
damn, I guess I got the only non matching numbered kit that was sent out, its nice though, and I got an email today saying the missing parts are in route, everythings ready to put together soon as the rivets show up and parts show.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#42]
and yet once again, BTT.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Any status updates.....?

As far as I know we're still gonna get together.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm going to come. But I'll have my arm in a sling from a shoulder operation. Surely one of you guys will give me an extra hand if I need it.
My pork chop is too heavy for one hand!

Seriously, I'm coming just to be around some good guys!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:38:37 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted: Surely one of you guys will give me an extra hand if I need it.

How about if we give you 2 hands like this while we all put our guns together....except you.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted: Surely one of you guys will give me an extra hand if I need it.

How about if we give you 2 hands like this while we all put our guns together....except you.

Rat, you cut me to the quick! First your dad, now you! I'm so hurt!
I was going to say something like "you only need one hand for your pork chop, but I need two!"
but that would be an unkind thing to say and I would probably fill real bad about it!
All BSing aside, I have had some great laughs from you guys!
And the Pookster's little brother and Dad are always gonna be considered fine folks in my book!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Details????

Im trying to figure out if I can wait until Oct to order receivers... Im sooooo broke.

Shoot jnewt a message or something, heck maybe even give him a call and see what the low down is. Its been a while since he's posted anything about it. On the 1st page of this thread he mentioned the 1st weekend of October which sounds pretty good to me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:06:33 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted: Anyone interested in a build party this fall? Maybe the end of sept, early oct?

So.....whats the latest on this build party?? I have a plum AK that needs puttin together.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top