Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 7:33:04 PM EDT
Did anyone go to the Tulas gun show...if so, what did you think ??
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:19:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I went and I found a lot of over priced stuff that I was looking for. I came home an ordered online from many of the fine dealers on AR15! Just my observation.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:47:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought there would be a lot more replies or talk about it since it was so large..

It tool me 6hrs to walk the whole show..

Yes there was a lot of over priced stuff..I was really surprised I figured there would be a lot of deals !!

NOT !!

The biggest surprise was no LOWERS !!

I go to Mesquite and Dallas and there are always many to chose from NEW !

I bought so small accessories, a nice tac scope..

I was looking at a G26 for the little woman to carry we shop the floor decide on one and you cant buy one with out a OK license yet I have a Texas CHL..what a bunch of crap !! so that was a waste of time looking at those for hours..

Huge turn out but I wouldnt make the trip from Dallas again..

No Deals !!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#3]

The biggest surprise was no LOWERS !!

There were some Rock River Arms and Bushmaster on the upper level.

I was looking at a G26 for the little woman to carry we shop the floor decide on one and you cant buy one with out a OK license yet I have a Texas CHL..what a bunch of crap !! so that was a waste of time looking at those for hours..

You can thank the Feds for that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I've hit these shows for many years.  The prices at the Wananmacher shows are usually inflated, but in this case most were just insane.  For those who have not taken in any of the past shows, this one had ever more tables crammed in.  I remember when they just filled the upper level.

Way too much flea market crap, but it seems that selling more tables and taking in more bodies at $10 a head has become more important than putting on a really top notch gun show these days.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:52:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got back.  I got some pretty good deals on ammo.  It was worth the trip from NW Arkansas just for the ammo prices.  I did not buy any guns.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I went yesterday. It was big alright. IMO, there werent many tables selling AR accessories. I think M&A, Delta Force, and JTAC was all I remember.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:57:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw Some AR15 mags as high as $35 and as low as $20.  A lot of over priced items.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:03:50 PM EDT
[#8]
They must have been hiding those lowers...

I walked every isle and did not see any..and I specifically was looking for them..

I wont make that 4 hr drive again for that stuff.

Dallas has everything all the time..

I couldnt even get someone to return a phone call or email reply..poor service for a 10 price.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I talked to one dealer, Shells, he said he sold 25 lowers and 10 rifles. So there were lowers. He said he ordered them several weeks BEFORE the ban ended. I did see alot better prices on mags though. One guy was selling c mags for $300. That was still a little high.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:09:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I was looking for lowers also.  I didn't see any on Sunday.  I don't think I'll waist my $10 getting into that show again.  

I talked to one dealer that said he made a killing at the show.  Said he was so busy on saturday that he didn't even have enough time to eat.

JTAC, I looked for your booth and could not find you on sunday.  Sorry, hope to meet ya sometime.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You guys didn't stop by the right table  I was surprised there were so few lowers also.  I did enjoy getting the chance to talk to some members who stopped by even though I was stuck towards the back of the show.  I found not many customers were interested in magazines surprisingly enough.  So, I have some left if anyone wants any email me

Jason

how much and what brand of mags do you have?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top