User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 4:45:03 PM EDT
Or any other's in central oklahoma?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:39:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I was actually looking to do a ride along and maybe find out a little more about the OKC academy.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:38:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I can tell you the OKC academy won't take you if you have been arrested three times.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#5]
+1
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:31:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I intend to do a ride along with OKC, I was waiting to heal from a stupid surgery.  I called the recruiting office one before.  The only person there was a civilian that could not tell me anything about the academy.  I gathered the basic info from the website.  I'm just wondering how similar (if at all) it is to military basic training.  Marine recruit training = once is enough.   Besides I still have 1 1/2 left on my 6 year contract in the reserves and the one thing the lady at the recruiting office DID say was that there was pretty much no way for me to miss part of Friday classes for drill.  Anyway, I dont really know if LE is for me or not.  My father retired as a Lt here in Mustang so I have been around it my hole life, and kinda think it is in my blood.  Hopefully a couple of shifts riding along will help me decide. Thanks for the responses and stay safe!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top