Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 5:41:13 PM EDT
(I have an FFL just leting you know how I'm ordering lowers direct)
I was going to try to build a new AR for the shoot Saturday ROCK RIVER was what i intended it to be. When I went to place the order Friday they tell me lowers are 60 days out that sucks I think to myself but since I was planing on building on two diferent lowers one to be a swap around lower I went ahead and ordered one. I then call DPMS first check status on the lower upper and m4 stock they tell me everything is good to go will ship monday (be here in plenty of time for the shoot we have planed).Well saturday I check my Credit Card    Rock River billed me DPMS didn't.  I think thats ass backwards of what I expected I cant figure out why rock river billed me for something thats 60 days away from shipping.  Anyway I check my card status monday night DPMS still haven't billed me. I think WTF so i call first thing this morning AND they inform me we didn't ship anything monday becaus were waiting on status of the ban WTF ban was over 8 hrs ago then they tell me it will be 3 days before my upper is ready which i was told was in stock. Needless to say mister impatience is pissed right about now I bite my lip wich I f'n hate doing and get off the phone.
I come home today and theirs a ups notice on my door get this I missed a packedge from RRA where the lowers are 60 days out. SO tomorrow i should have in hand my new RRA lower but I Passed on the upper for it since everything was 60 days out. I ordered diferent set up from DPMS because im so impatient. So I get fucked on both ends now i have lower with nothing to go on it unless they sent me something totally crazy and i just dont know it yet.
THE MORAL to this story is dont beleive anything they tell you and when you order from someone such as myself who is getting it from the factory for you and they tell you a crazy story like this It's probably true.
sorry for rambling on THIS has been my first purchase for myself and the experience has sucked.
Naturally everything I have gotten for other people has come off without a hitch other than I was sent a 22-250 barrel for an encore when a 223 was ordered just luckily my custumer said he was truly undecided and took the 22-250 which he loves.
ONE saving grace my Colt NM HBAR that i have owned over 11yrs now will definetly make the trip.
Robert
disgruntled customer
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#2]
to QUOTE Mikey from american choppers " I have one foot in the bank vault and the other in dog shit"
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:30:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Relalx, I have a extra Upper..........the yucky old post-ban style, with no bayo lug... but it is a Bushy M4 type.....complete, flatop also, you have a extra carry handle?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:25:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I feel your pain, buddy.  Crap like that is exactly why I let my FFL expire 1 year and 1 month ago and I haven't regretted it once.  NOT ONCE!

I waited 3 months for a DPMS upper (nothing fancy, just a standard match upper).
I waited 2 months for a RRA upper.
I waited almost a year!! for a DPMS rifle.

I got tired of the FedEx guy ringing the doorbell and sprinting back to his truck before I could get to the door.  They must get a bonus for missed deliveries or something.

The last pistol I ordered as a licensed dealer sat at a UPS hub for 3 days (weekdays).  Just SAT there.  No apology, no excuse, no refund of the "Next Day Air" that they started charging when the UPS terminal workers stole so many handguns that their insurance company hollered calfrope.

I got tired of the gun manufacturers publicizing the new "wonder gun of the year" then actually having it at the wholesalers a year later.  Had to answer 500 phone calls about the wonder gun in the meantime.

I got frustrated at having to call half a dozen wholesalers to find a SIG P226, a Glock 17, or a Marlin .17HRM rifle in stock.

QUIT!  Tell UPS and FEDEX to go screw themselves!!  I am 100% happier just going to the local gunshop when I want something, and I bet you would be too.  I didn't sell guns for a living, just as a hobby and to give the members of our local shooting club a break on reloading stuff, competition accessories, etc. and maybe that is why it was easy for me to quit.

Maybe you ought to try it!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:28:24 PM EDT
[#5]
1shott
          I would greatly apreciate you bringing the extra upper so i can at least try this NM trigger it feels pretty darn good not sure if its lite enough for dedicated varmit long range gun but definetly nice. I am not very happy with the person who put the lower together looks like he should have took an extra 10 min and been easyier on the finish but as this is for me and i will use it not a safe queen and its 57 days early i guess i should stfu.
I shott i dont have an extra carry handle i think thats what u were asking but if you dont mind i will show u some old school kentucky windage if you dont mind.
All i have is colt big hole bs and god know ive give up ordering for the weak im stepping away from the phone and regrouping.
Thanks for the help
Robert
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats ok, I may just bring the carry ahndle off the Colt, heck, I may bring the Colt also...

I should be there, pending work this weekend, which I dont think there will be, unless they want Mechanics outt here, in that case, I must work......

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top