Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2004 1:54:01 PM EDT
Just wondering what u guys thought of these two which one is the best accuracy and reliablility
all info would be apreciated

thanks
Robert
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I only have limited experince with bushmasters, but from what I understand DPMS uses cast uppers and lowers where as RRA uses forged which is stronger. but if all you want is a range gun or somthing to have fun with cast recivered guns are cheaper.

SHEP-1/179th
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I've built AR15s on RRA, Bushmaster, Eagle Arms, and DPMS lowers. RRA are pretty good all-around, but I did have issues with a few having their buffer plungers installed AFU. At the $80 I spent at the time, this wasn't much of an issue.

I've had some issues with Eagle Arms having their front pivot pin holes machined AFU. To me, this is a little odd since they're part of the ArmaLite family.

Bushmaster was A-OK. I'd take a BM lower without blinking an eye.

DPMS receivers fit well, but their mag release fence is funky-looking.

Had one built on an ASA lower once, too. VERY good lower. The company SUCKS, but the lower is GREAT.

Can't comment on the others.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top