Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2003 2:20:21 PM EDT
I am in the great state of Ok visiting family and went to Zt Cigars on Meridian. Got a few decent cigars and was wondering if there are any others worth visiting? Any good local (Ok City area) gun shops?

On a side note: I pulled into a McDonalds to get one of their $.59 gourmet soda's and when I get to the window, the cashier/foodhandler speaks no English. I had to whip out some quick Spanglish to negotiate the deal. Made me feel like I was at home for a moment there......
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Outdoor America Store On Macarther in Okc. They have a good selection of firearms and ammo, but there customer service sucks. If it's AK's you want then you should try D&B Gold on 12th st. just west of Janeway in Moore, Moore is just south of Okc. They are a little on the high side but they will have guns that you can't find anywhere else. From what I've heard ZT's is the best cigar store in the city. How long will you be in Oklahoma?
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 2:46:47 PM EDT
[#2]
RK Tobacco at Hefner and May (located in the shopping center on the northeast corner) and Drew's Tobacco World (I heard that they were owned by the same people as RK Tobacco) located on something like SE 44th. RK is hard to see from the street since it's in one of the buildings in the parking lot and faces away from the street.

Gun shops aren't anything to brag about, but Outdoor America at 1925 North MacArthur should whet your appetite along with Savage Trading Company at N.W. 10th and Kilpatrick Turnpike.

Hispanics are the fastest growing minority group in Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info. I'll be in town until Sat. Is the gun show this weekend worth taking my dad to?
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:52:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Is the gun show this weekend worth taking my dad to?

Not no, but HELL NO.

If you'd like to do some shooting, have lunch, a cup of coffee, or whatever, I'm free most of Thursday and Friday (I think my wife is working both of those evenings).
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got back from Outdoor America. Not bad, IMO, they had two AR50's in stock, along with a decent selection of "tactical crap". It looks like the AR bug has hit the Oklahoma crowd a little, they had to have about 20 Ar's in stock, along with an assortment of AR10's. Hell, they even have an AR30 hanging in there.

Link Posted: 8/9/2003 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#6]
So how was the service at outdoor America?
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 3:42:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Lets see, SERVICE....OUTDOOR AMERICA, Yep, yes, I was right, those words do not look right in the same sentence.

Oh don't get me wrong, I go to Outdoor America all the time

You just have to walk in and plop about $2000.00 worth of you own AR down on the counter. Then shoo away those two old commishion whore guys and find some kid back behind the AR counter who looks hungry.

That usualy works for me.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 3:07:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So how was the service at outdoor America?

Well, I happened to be looking for a set of scope covers for my new scope (which I didn't have with me, but I know one end is 50mm), so I asked the kid if he'd maybe see what size would fit the other end. He promptly pulled out a similar scope and measured it, and of course determined that they didn't have my size in stock.

He must have been one of the "hungry" guys?

I was asked a couple of times while in the store if I needed help with anything, which was normal, and not too annoying.

Not including the kid, I did get the impression that the staff did have a "know it all" persona, and the cashier was a bit abrasive.

All in all, I have had worse CS at other stores, but this store didn't stick out as bad, in my case.....Obviously, my mileage differs....
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Is the gun show this weekend worth taking my dad to?

Not no, but HELL NO.

If you'd like to do some shooting, have lunch, a cup of coffee, or whatever, I'm free most of Thursday and Friday (I think my wife is working both of those evenings).

BTW, I did get to sneak out and check out the "show". Actually, it better than my hometown's usual show, but thats not saying much. I did walk out of there 1000 rounds of 5.56 heavier. Pissed the wife off, here we are on vacation and I walk in with an ammo can full of ammo! Had to carry that sumbitch all the way home in the trunk. When did they start charging sales tax at gun shows?
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 2:24:01 PM EDT
[#10]

When did they start charging sales tax at gun shows?

Another reason why I dislike the OKC gun shows. The only one worth going to in Oklahoma any more is this one: www.tulsaarmsshow.com
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:58:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Another reason why I dislike the OKC gun shows. The only one worth going to in Oklahoma any more is this one: www.tulsaarmsshow.com

I must agree.  I've lived in OK my whole life, and just made it to the Tulsa gun show this last April.  I felt like a virgin being popped by the Swedish bikini team!  

It puts the OKC gunshows to shame in a very dramatic way!
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Your thread title brings back memories - I bought my first AR in a combined gun store / cigar shop.

If you are ever in Waukegan, IL - Schranks Smoke and Gun is the place.

If only they would open a liquor store...
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 6:58:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I must agree.  I've lived in OK my whole life, and just made it to the Tulsa gun show this last April.  I felt like a virgin being popped by the Swedish bikini team!  

It puts the OKC gunshows to shame in a very dramatic way!

You should have gone several years ago when it was REALLY big. It has gone downhill a little lately.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 4:55:27 PM EDT
[#14]

You should have gone several years ago when it was REALLY big. It has gone downhill a little lately.

Lately? Try for the last twenty-some-odd years. I haven't been to an OKC gun show within the past sixteen years that was worth the price of admission.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Lately? Try for the last twenty-some-odd years. I haven't been to an OKC gun show within the past sixteen years that was worth the price of admission.

I think he's talking about the Tulsa gunshow.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:04:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I was.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Tobacco Exchange. North OKC. Lots of Super Prem: Opus, PAM, etc. Not too cheap although.

http://members.cox.net/cicigm155/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top