Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2003 6:02:02 PM EDT
I've finally gotten moved to OK - McAlester to be exact, but...

No one shoots IDPA down here.  No one shoots 3-gun.  There are several private ranges that I have been invited out to shoot at and theyre great, but they are all set up for long range and/or highpower.  Seems like when I was shooting highpower all we wanted was a place to shoot 600 and 1000 yards and now I have 2 but I got bored with highpower years ago.

I'm looking for a shorter range with people (Damn, I cant believe I just typed that after bitching for years about the stupid/unsafe stuff you see folks do at public and many club ranges).

Actually, I'm whining -- its not the ranges, its the fact that all my shooting buddies are in TN and I have no one to shoot with.

So anybody close to the thriving and wild metropolis of the big Mac send me a line.  I like to shoot IDPA and 3-gun type stuff.  I'm almost desperate enough to try skeet.

Pretty much just looking to meet some like minded shooters to shoot and B.S. with.

Thanks,

Jim
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 11:02:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I think there's a club over at Ada, about 60 miles from you, that shoots a little IDPA, IPSC, etc. The next closest that I can think of would be Tulsa, 90 miles.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#2]
The only places that IDPA lists are:

Duke, Sand Springs, OK City, and Tulsa.  I keep hoping I'll run into someone who shoots IDPA down here but the gunshop scene is pretty slim, but hopefully I'll run into somebody soon.

Do you have any contact info for ADA?

I have heard the Eufala has a club that shoots pistol stuff but havent been able to get any contact info there either.

Anything would help.

Thanks,

Jim
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Long drive but check out www.tulsaredcastlegunclub.com
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I am just west of ADA, I believe the gun club you are referring to is the Ada rifle and pistol club.

I was memeber many years ago, but I worked nights then and could attend the monthly meetings so they were going to raise my membership, I said no thanks...

If they do any competion nowadays, it would be very informal.... if you want more info call S&S shooters, they might could help you out more, they handle the mebership dues...

HTH.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top