Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2003 10:53:48 AM EDT
Has anybody else noticed the coyotes getting thick this year?  They're getting especially thick where I live (southern Tulsa Co.), and they've got some brass ones.  They tried to carry one of our dogs off the other night.

If they had tried to carry off one of the cats, I'd have been unhappy.  Since they tried to carry off one of the dogs, I'm feeling a bit vengeful.  Maybe I've got a double standard...
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't be unhappy if they carried off any housecats. In fact, I'd like to find a way to make them more palatable to coyotes.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Our cats actually catch mice on occasion and are actually pretty funny to watch on occasion.  That's why I'd be unhappy.  I would, however, get over it pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#3]
TOOK THE FAMILY DOWN TO GREENLEAF STATE PARK FOR THE 4TH. WE WENT DOWN ON WEDNSDAY, SO I HAD TO DRIVE BACK TO TULSA THURSDAY MORNING. SAW A COYOTE ACTUALLY STALKING A DEER JUST OFF HIGHWAY 10 NORTH OF BRAGGS. STARTED TO STOP AND SHOOT IT, I HAD MY RIFLE WITH ME , BUT IT WAS 3:45 IN THE MORNING AND I WAS PRETTY CLOSE TO TOWN. I HAVE ALSO BEEN SEEING A LOT OF COYOTES BETWEEN CATOOSA AND 129 E. AVE. IN THE MORNINGS.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#4]
You know it's funny you should mention that, I saw one last week about 8 miles NW of Enid, while driving on a county road (Garfield County)

It was a young one crossing the road and took off into the brush of a fence line.

Also have seen a bobcat SW of Enid in the area of the of the Farmland fertilizer plant.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#5]
They must have migrated down from Kansas, because I've only seen 2 or 3 all year.
We sure got the turkeys tho, between Kansas City and Wichita I see about 20 each way.
How are they down there?
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I suspect here in Garfield county, that the increased sightings may have something to do with the end on harvest and the huge number of controled burns (Garfield county is just one big controled burn this time of year.)
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 9:09:25 AM EDT
[#7]
SecuritySix,
That wouldn't be near 201st and Harvard would it? I have a friend there that has lost 2 dogs this year by coyote and it happened in day light and while they were outside. I live a little South of there and have seen alot but not in my field yet.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 1:33:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
SecuritySix,
That wouldn't be near 201st and Harvard would it? I have a friend there that has lost 2 dogs this year by coyote and it happened in day light and while they were outside. I live a little South of there and have seen alot but not in my field yet.

Fairly close, yes.  We actually live just off of 75 between 201st and 211th.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I haven't seen any here in OKC.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 6:01:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I am at 230th and Lewis.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am at 230th and Lewis.

So you know how to take Liberty/Hectorville directions (Go to Doobies, then turn...)  :)
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 7:25:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I think we know each other.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 9:44:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Do you guys know of any property for sale in your area? I live at 61st and Union area just off 75. Looking around for a place to put a double wide. Also..OUTALEAD..take your caps lock off! I'm not deaf.... I love the Greenleaf area. I usually stay in cabin No.13 when I get time to go. Have you seen the deer with the cow bell on down there? ha I've seen him eating just outside my cabin door before.. I kinda like to go in the off season..say in September and hang at the fishing dock...Love it. Have you or anyone else stayed at the big cabin past the boat dock off all by itself?
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 9:01:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Take a drive down along the County line to the South. You will see lots of land for sale. The Tulsa County side is very high but the Okmulgee side is real reasonable for now. There is a peice of property for sale at 221st and Lewis that I think is 20 acres but I don't know the price.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#15]
sorry about the caps lock, i`m pretty new to this computer thing, think i`m getting the hang of it though. a friend of mine stayed in the cabin on the lake a few years ago for his wedding anniversary, said it was really nice. and i have seen the deer with the cow bell, we fed her over the fourth she came right on into camp like she owned the place.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#16]
There are some places just north of 171st St. that I think is getting divided up.  There is a little bit near Mounds, actually in Creek Co. for sale.  I think they're selling 5 or 10 acre lots.

Duffy,

We might know each other, for sure.  I graduated from Liberty High School in May of 2000.  Don't know if you knew anyone in that class, but it narrows it down to about 28 people.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:01:54 AM EDT
[#17]
My daughter graduated in 2001. She was Short stop on the softball team and point guard on the BB team.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 5:20:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I just moved from 91st and Sheridan to Cowetta 111th and 274 East Ave.
In the three weeks that I have been there I have seen about 3 coyotes running around. But I still have no clue where I can shoot my AR and where I can't.
Anyone know of somewhere I can take my gun and fire off a few! I used to use Happy Hollow but they have the 1 shot per 3 second rule, and now it's pretty far away.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#19]
There is a gun club near Coweta. I have seen it from the air and it looks pretty nice. I just don't know the name and exact location. I have the same problem getting to shoot. I can go to Okmulgee for free at the State Park but its not a great range and it takes 30 minutes to get there.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#20]
The Oil Capital Gun Club is North of Coweta on 305th & 101st.  It is a nice place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top