Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2003 3:28:16 AM EDT
who's the best and most honest dealer's in the state guys?hn
Link Posted: 2/17/2003 3:44:53 AM EDT
[#1]
There's a place in Moore called D&B gold he's a pretty cool guy with lot's of pre-ban's ,ak's fal's and stuff. Also there's Brigidoon surplus in MidwestCity they have allot of post-ban ar's an ak's. And also Outdoor America in Okc. they have the best selection of all three. But they never have pre-bans. D&B gold always has something you cant find anywhere else.
All of them seem pretty honest.
Link Posted: 2/17/2003 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the info i've never heard of d@b gold but i will look into them.
john
Link Posted: 2/17/2003 4:45:21 PM EDT
[#3]
For the best prices in town,outdoor america is the place.In my opinion the guy in moore (d&b gold)is very pricey.    
Link Posted: 2/18/2003 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I deal mostly on line but when I do buy in town (Stillwater) I got to Howard's Pawn and Gun.
Link Posted: 2/26/2003 3:45:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Brigadoon in Midwest city is my choice. It isn't as tight assed as Outdoor America and even though the selection isn't as big he will order for you. I work in both cities and get by there alot. No one in Tulsa's retail market is fair. The ones in Tulsa that have a good inventory act real put out when you talk to them and they are very proud of it. Brigadoon's inventory changes real  fast. I know that he has had a few preban items cause I traded them to him. Mark the owner is a real nice guy too.
Link Posted: 4/13/2003 5:19:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Also there's Brigidoon surplus in MidwestCity they have allot of post-ban ar's an ak's. And also Outdoor America in Okc. they have the best selection of all three. But they never have pre-bans. D&B gold always has something you cant find anywhere else.

For the best prices in town,outdoor america is the place.

Brigadoon in Midwest city is my choice.

You all have GOT to be kidding. Outdoor America and Brigadoon?!! Jesus Christ, I'd hunt with a wrist rocket before I gave any of those ungrateful HUMPS any of my hard-earned cash. I suppose someone's going to say that Sports World in T-Town is KICK ASS? HA!!!

Try Savage Trading out on the west side of OKC. I doubt they're the cheapest, but they're super good guys to get along with and won't insult your intelligence.

Gene Sears Supply Company in El Reno (405) 262-2647 is a distributor for Browning, Winchester, Hodgdon, S&W, H&K, and damned near everything else. If they don't have it, no one will.

Danny's Gun & Pawn in Duncan (on Main, south side of the street near the railroad tracks). Despite the rinky dink name, they also carry a large selection of new guns at fair prices.

Murf's in Duncan is an interesting shop (east side of 81 highway on the north end of town). Prices are WAYYYYY high, but they always have a good selection of things to see.

Have heard good things about The Firing Pin in Hinton. Haven't been there, but have heard that the owner knows his stuff and is fair.

Mustang Pawn & Gun in Mustang (like Danny's, they carry new guns)isn't too bad. I find that their prices are a little on the high side. Generally the owner, Randy, will work with you if you're serious about buying. His wife and employees won't.

C&J Sporting Goods in Bethany is okay. I don't care for the owner, but the prices are usually reasonable on the things that they carry.

Outdoor Outfitters on N.W. 39th Expressway in OKC isn't too bad. Their selection is limited, but they generally carry some high quality lines like Sako, Sauer, etc. Jim (last name escapes me) is the guy to deal with there. He's an avid hunter and shooter (been to Africa a few times) and KNOWS his stuff.

Champlin Firearms in Enid is interesting. Lots of high end investment grade stuff. At one time they made their own rifle.

Southwest Shooters is going down the tubes rapidly. Avoid.

Mashburn Arms isn't the Mashburn Arms of legend. Mashburn in name ONLY. Avoid.

H&H Gun Range SUCKS. Avoid.

Academy isn't too bad as far as chain stores go, but they can be royal pains in the ass.

Circle D Pawn in Shawnee has some interesting items, but I'm not comfortable enough with them that I'd ever do any business.
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 10:47:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Lash's Gun Emporium in Tulsa.  Bought some stuff from him, know other people who have.  All were pleased.

Bob's Guns in Tulsa (really only works gun shows).  Bought a couple of things from him, great folks to deal with.

Dong's Guns in Tulsa.  Never bought a gun from them, buy some reloading stuff, nice folks.

Bill's Sporting Goods in Claremore.  I buy mostly powder from them, but they do stock some guns.  Nice guys.
Link Posted: 4/19/2003 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought my DPMS at Brigadoon and I was satisfied with their customer service.  Outdoor America's service sucks as far as I'm concerned.  Everytime I call about an available part they'll tell me it's in without checking. (I live in Norman) I asked them recently if they had 10mm Practice ammo besides American Eagle (Glocks don't shoot lead) They told me that American Eagle was the only one that made any sort of 10mm.  When I initially wanted to buy an AR the guy at the counter tried to talk me into a Mini-14. I will say this about Outdoor America, you will occasionally find a good deal on their ammo. On the other hand I've gotten lots of time and free advice with Mark at Brigadoon.
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 5:14:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Neither Brigadoon or OAS are worth a minute or a second of my precious time. That's what the internet's for. You want good deals on an AR? Hook up with someone who holds an FFL and hit the 'net. Same goes for ammunition. No gas burned, no time wasted, and nobody's piss poor attitude.

If you're just bound and determined to buy an AR locally, Savage Trading carries Bushmaster and ArmaLite and may carry DPMS.
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Bill's pawn in Purcell. This guy really is not a dealer {well he is but he has shit for guns} But he'll do a transfer for $7.00  Thats the cheapest I've found in the area. And he's a pretty nice guy. It may not be worth the drive from OKC but if you live close like me it's worth it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#11]

But he'll do a transfer for $7.00 Thats the cheapest I've found in the area. And he's a pretty nice guy.

That is cheap.
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#12]
ark where you from bro?
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
ark where you from bro?

Im from the big town of Washington, just south of Norman.
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#14]
anybody know best ammo prices, on cases or 500rd bricks
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 5:34:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Internet. I can ALWAYS, without fail, better ANY local yokel's price on ammunition by shopping the internet.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Internet. I can ALWAYS, without fail, better ANY local yokel's price on ammunition by shopping the internet.

Same here, the internet for ammo and guns.  No sales tax, way better selection and pricing.  I wouldn't have 1/2 of the ammo, that I have if I shopped locally.  Nobody in OKC reliably has a selection of .454 Casull ammo, but I can always find it on the net, so I don't even look anymore.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 11:59:37 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Also there's Brigidoon surplus in MidwestCity they have allot of post-ban ar's an ak's. And also Outdoor America in Okc. they have the best selection of all three. But they never have pre-bans. D&B gold always has something you cant find anywhere else.

For the best prices in town,outdoor america is the place.

Brigadoon in Midwest city is my choice.

You all have GOT to be kidding. Outdoor America and Brigadoon?!! Jesus Christ, I'd hunt with a wrist rocket before I gave any of those ungrateful HUMPS any of my hard-earned cash. I suppose someone's going to say that Sports World in T-Town is KICK ASS? HA!!!

Try Savage Trading out on the west side of OKC. I doubt they're the cheapest, but they're super good guys to get along with and won't insult your intelligence.

Gene Sears Supply Company in El Reno (405) 262-2647 is a distributor for Browning, Winchester, Hodgdon, S&W, H&K, and damned near everything else. If they don't have it, no one will.

Danny's Gun & Pawn in Duncan (on Main, south side of the street near the railroad tracks). Despite the rinky dink name, they also carry a large selection of new guns at fair prices.

Murf's in Duncan is an interesting shop (east side of 81 highway on the north end of town). Prices are WAYYYYY high, but they always have a good selection of things to see.

Have heard good things about The Firing Pin in Hinton. Haven't been there, but have heard that the owner knows his stuff and is fair.

Mustang Pawn & Gun in Mustang (like Danny's, they carry new guns)isn't too bad. I find that their prices are a little on the high side. Generally the owner, Randy, will work with you if you're serious about buying. His wife and employees won't.

C&J Sporting Goods in Bethany is okay. I don't care for the owner, but the prices are usually reasonable on the things that they carry.

Outdoor Outfitters on N.W. 39th Expressway in OKC isn't too bad. Their selection is limited, but they generally carry some high quality lines like Sako, Sauer, etc. Jim (last name escapes me) is the guy to deal with there. He's an avid hunter and shooter (been to Africa a few times) and KNOWS his stuff.

Champlin Firearms in Enid is interesting. Lots of high end investment grade stuff. At one time they made their own rifle.

Southwest Shooters is going down the tubes rapidly. Avoid.

Mashburn Arms isn't the Mashburn Arms of legend. Mashburn in name ONLY. Avoid.

H&H Gun Range SUCKS. Avoid.

Academy isn't too bad as far as chain stores go, but they can be royal pains in the ass.

Circle D Pawn in Shawnee has some interesting items, but I'm not comfortable enough with them that I'd ever do any business.

I'm not sure what in the hell you are talking about, you must have had a bad dealing with someone there! Outdoor America is by far the best choice in the OKC metro area.  The inventory is huge and the prices on guns are better than I can find anywhere including the internet (on a regular basis).  I know that some of the staff are total pricks including Fred, but there are some knowledgeable and friendly ones.  
If you are looking to shoot the shit with people, don't go there, but if you are looking for a great deal, OAS is the best in the metro!

BTW, if you want to get a diry feeling all over your body, go to Mashburn's Arms!  Nothing like $700 Glocks, $1500 semi M11/9's, $12,000 Uzi's, and $17,000 AUG's to make you see your lunch again.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#18]

I'm not sure what in the hell you are talking about, you must have had a bad dealing with someone there!

CLICK D LINK to see what I'm talking about here. Rude, unprofessional, don't know what in the HELL they're talking about, offer unsolicited advice on subjects they don't understand, etc.

Outdoor America is by far the best choice in the OKC metro area.

Best choice?!!! Not hardly. If Al Quaida invaded Oklahoma, I'd defend myself with rocks, sticks, and wrist rockets before I gave OAS a penny of my hard-earned cash.

The inventory is huge and the prices on guns are better than I can find anywhere including the internet (on a regular basis).

Then you don't surf the 'net much, because I can beat their prices on EVERYTHING and I don't have to put up with a load of their shit either. That's like getting a double discount.

I know that some of the staff are total pricks including Fred

Replace the word "some" with "all" and your statement will be correct.

but there are some knowledgeable and friendly ones

Apparently they exist only to you, because I've never met any, nor have any of the people with whom I've spoken.

but if you are looking for a great deal, OAS is the best in the metro!

What, do own stock in them?
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Man I guess you know all!  Now I respect the fact that someone there may have pissed you off, so I can understand why you wouldn't go there.  
As far as prices, if you never go there how in the hell would you know how they compare.  I go there a couple of times a month & the internet daily.
Also, you must have talked to every sales person there to form that opinion.  Next time put your false teeth in and wear deoderant, and they might be nice to you.
And finally, I don't own stock in them, I just tell it like I see it!

If you would just go in there and look at some of their nice Knight & T/C Encore inline muzzle loaders, and check those prices, you would change you mind!

Link Posted: 5/1/2003 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#20]

As far as prices, if you never go there how in the hell would you know how they compare. I go there a couple of times a month & the internet daily.

Never intimated that I didn't go in there, so I'm guessing you didn't actually read my post. I just won't do business there. Big difference, so yeah, I can beat their prices on the 'net. In fact, I can beat their prices locally at Gene Sears.

Next time put your false teeth in and wear deoderant, and they might be nice to you.

I wasn't talking about your wife.

And finally, I don't own stock in them, I just tell it like I see it!

Oh, so you're a suck up?

If you would just go in there and look at some of their nice Knight & T/C Encore inline muzzle loaders, and check those prices, you would change you mind!

Uh, no I wouldn't. I can beat ANYTHING they sell on the 'net and at Gene Sears. See previous answer.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
If Al Quaida invaded Oklahoma, I'd defend myself with rocks, sticks, and wrist rockets before I gave OAS a penny of my hard-earned cash.

You call standing in line to get a welfare check hard work?

Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#23]

You call standing in line to get a welfare check hard work?

Your attitude is much like those in that store. I'm thinking you must work there.

Maybe you should do a board search. Many people have posted on this website about negative experiences with OAS in the past; sherrick13, USNJoe, and others. Of course you've adopted a "see no evil, hear no evil" point of view. They're kind of like our very own little RGuns. Like RGuns, they have a nasty attitude and there's not much leeway in feelings towards them: you either love or hate Outdoor America.

Their target market seems to be all of the dumb mouth-breathing rednecks of the state. Perhaps these are your people and that would explain your defensive attitude. Don't know and don't care.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:57:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Your attitude is much like those in that store. I'm thinking you must work there.

Maybe you should do a board search. Many people have posted on this website about negative experiences with OAS in the past; sherrick13, USNJoe, and others. Of course you've adopted a "see no evil, hear no evil" point of view. They're kind of like our very own little RGuns. Like RGuns, they have a nasty attitude and there's not much leeway in feelings towards them: you either love or hate Outdoor America.

Their target market seems to be all of the dumb mouth-breathing rednecks of the state. Perhaps these are your people and that would explain your defensive attitude. Don't know and don't care.

You totally missed what I said earlier.  Many of them including Fred Baker are pricks!  I've had sales people that were "helping" me, make me want to hit them.  But a few of them, Kent, Jack, and one other guy, are great.  They are not too knowledgeable about guns, but they don't need to be, because I have and use a computer which they have HEARD of, which can access more information than Jonh Moses Browning had in his head about guns.  Those are the only guys I deal with there, because most of the others think they know ALL!
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#25]

You totally missed what I said earlier.

Didn't miss anything, my man, didn't miss anything. Hell, VoodooChile even posted something derogatory about OAS/FBF before you jumped in. I'd say you're the one "missing" things.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#26]
I think you are.  
If you go there for advice, pleasure, or a good conversation you are shit out of luck with most of the sales people.
If you are looking for a good price and selection locally, it the place to go.  
I'm not saying I've not had a run in with the employee's egos.  But for buying or repairing goods (ones bought there for warranty.....the gunsmith is a total prick), Outdoor America is where me and many others go.
You don't have to go there, we can simply disagree about OAS.  I'm just putting in my opinion.
You stated Outdoor Outfitters is a very good place to go, and I would agree to some extent, but I would never buy a gun there due to their prices.  I've bought many hunting accessories there and will continue to do so, just not guns, and you don't here me ripping them.

Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#27]

I think you are.

Sorry dude, you're missing the fact that those assholes have some serious customer service issues. Read a few posts and/or do a search.

If you go there for advice, pleasure, or a good conversation you are shit out of luck with most of the sales people.

Never have and never will. Yet another point which you have missed.

If you are looking for a good price and selection locally, it the place to go.

Actually, Gene Sears Supply Company in El Reno is. They supply OAS/FBF on many product lines (Sears is a distributor). You missed that, too.

I'm not saying I've not had a run in with the employee's egos. But for buying or repairing goods (ones bought there for warranty.....the gunsmith is a total prick), Outdoor America is where Me and many others go.

And where many others refuse to do business. Something else you missed.

You don't have to go there, we can simply disagree about OAS. I'm just putting in my opinion.

And I'm putting forth some facts. Just "telling it like I see it" as you posted. OAS needs to overcome their customer service issues. Plain and simple. You missed that, too.

You stated Outdoor Outfitters is a very good place to go, and I would agree to some extent, but I would never buy a gun there due to their prices.

It would depend what you were interested in buying, but sometimes good service is worth paying for. Since you're in the home building business, you should know that. And another point missed.

I've bought many hunting accessories there and will continue to do so, just not guns, and you don't here me ripping them.

I don't recall anyone at Outdoor Outfitters ever behaving in a way for which to be ashamed, do you? So why would they need to be "ripped?"
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Dude you really need to have a stiff drink....I'm not missing the point.  Sears has very good prices, but not near the selection.
I will continue to tell it like I see it because I'm not totally blind like you must be!
You say you are stating facts.  Go now to the nearest dictionary and look up the def. to fact and then on opinion.  I clearly stated this was my opinion, and you say you opinions are facts?? Bullshit!  
I'm sure there are many people who just haven't looked at this thread that will agree with me.
So chill out.  I think we know where you stand with OAS, and where I stand.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#29]

I'm not missing the point.

Actually you are. You choose not to see, because dealing with rude unprincipled shitheads in order to save $20 is more important to you.

Since when is it normal to behave in a rude and abusive manner towards the public and accept employees that do the same? Is this normal to you?

Sears has very good prices, but not near the selection.

Then you've never seen their warehouse. A comment without foundation.

You say you are stating facts. Go now to the nearest dictionary and look up the def. to fact and then on opinion. I clearly stated this was my opinion, and you say you opinions are facts?? Bullshit!

No, it is a fact that these people to whom you've SUCKED UP are rude, beliggerant jerks. That's not an opinion, you even admitted as much.

I'm sure there are many people who just haven't looked at this thread that will agree with me.

Actually there are many people who haven't seen this thread who would disagree.

I think we know where you stand with OAS, and where I stand.

Yes, your stance is that of a suck up. I'm sure your folks are proud.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 6:07:25 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Yes, your stance is that of a suck up. I'm sure your folks are proud.

You sure seem to know a lot about sucking......maybe I was wrong about your profession!

Seriously, why is it you can not take it when someone has a different opinion than you?

I clearly state an opinion and say it's my opinion and you state your opinion as fact. You need to realize this, and cool off!
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 7:03:47 AM EDT
[#31]
well i'm not wanting to join yall's dance you guys got going on here but i can see both points .
i have been treated badly by outdoor America almost everytime i have been there. they do have some good prices on some weapons. i wish we had more choices here in the metro.
my 2 cents
john
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 7:24:39 AM EDT
[#32]

You sure seem to know a lot about sucking......maybe I was wrong about your profession!

Sorry, we're talking about DEALERS here, not the type of lifestyle you so obviously live.

Seriously, why is it you can not take it when someone has a different opinion than you?

Actually, if you'll go back and read your OWN posts, it's pretty clear you had a burr in your saddle from the get-go over my criticizing OAS. Shall I start posting your quotes to refresh your memory?

I clearly state an opinion and say it's my opinion and you state your opinion as fact. You need to realize this, and cool off!

I have not stated any opinions on this matter. It's widely known that OAS/FBF has a reputation of being extremely rude and possessing NO social skills and it's a fact that they do NOT have the best prices on anything. Reasonable? Maybe, but Gene Sears beats their prices on any given day as does the internet. Hell, Academy occasionally meets or beats their prices. Those are facts, not opinions. Where you choose to do your business is up to you.

i have been treated badly by outdoor America almost everytime i have been there.

Look here, this is the third person within this forum and the second aside from me within this thread with something derogatory to say about OAS/FBF. Where are all of these people running to their defense?

i wish we had more choices here in the metro.

We are lacking, but there are a few okay dealers. See my first post about Gene Sears, Mustang Gun & Pawn, C&J, and Savage Trading.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 11:05:54 AM EDT
[#33]
i just bought an sar-2 "ak-74" mock up at d@b gold last week, i had went to outdoor first but after standing at the counter for 30 minutes waiting to be helped i left and went to d@b were i enjoyed the service enough too pay alittle extra then the lowest rate possible. i rember 4 months ago i went in with a bushmaster catalog to order a bushmaster shorter with the ak muzzelbreak and a fixed
retractable stock. they did not have one there so i ask them to order it for me. they asked if i was law inforcement i said no they refused to order it. when i told them it was a postban weapon with a legal fixed stock they flat out told me i was wrong and refused to call bushmaster to verify. i mean that is  shitty. i had over 1000 dollars in my pocket and was ready to buy right then. oh well.
no outdoor america for me.
my 2 cents
john
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't like OAS's method of doing business and I don't put up with it like some of you limp dicks obviously do.  I have never had an occasion when I could not go in there and get someone to help me while the rest of you sheep stand around looking lost.  

They have no customer service skills so I don't expect them to treat me nice.  I just ask them who wants to sell something and I always get helped.  

If you don't like the place and have such contempt for it Jim_Dandy why do you continue to go there, much less buy anything from them?

Gene Sears isn't the gun shop to end all gun shops like Jim_Dandy states.  OAS will pummel their pricing on any firearm and OAS is a dealer/distributor just like Gene's store, but a lot larger (FBF is the wholesale division of OAS).  I have seen the warehouse full of ammunition at Gene's, but not much else except for some shotguns and primers.  OAS beat Gene over 10% on my last Weatherby purchase.  Nobody is going to be the cheapest on everything all of the time.

My biggest problem with this whole thread is Jim_Dandy's attitude problem with everyone on every post on every topic you might find.  Even Ed has asked him to chill out this week on his blackpowder rants, but he just keeps right on going.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2003 2:52:43 PM EDT
[#35]

I don't like OAS's method of doing business and I don't put up with it like some of you limp dicks obviously do. I have never had an occasion when I could not go in there and get someone to help me while the rest of you sheep stand around looking lost.

If we could all be as tough as you. YOU ARE MY HERO!!! Of course this is EXCATLY the piss-poor attitude I'm talking about in OAS: borderline sociopathic.

Gene Sears isn't the gun shop to end all gun shops like Jim_Dandy states. OAS will pummel their pricing on any firearm and OAS is a dealer/distributor just like Gene's store, but a lot larger (FBF is the wholesale division of OAS). I have seen the warehouse full of ammunition at Gene's, but not much else except for some shotguns and primers. OAS beat Gene over 10% on my last Weatherby purchase. Nobody is going to be the cheapest on everything all of the time.

If you had actually ever been to Sears, you wouldn't have posted anything that stupid.

My biggest problem with this whole thread is Jim_Dandy's attitude problem with everyone on every post on every topic you might find. Even Ed has asked him to chill out this week on his blackpowder rants, but he just keeps right on going.

To paraphrase you, why do you keep posting if it bothers you?
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 3:08:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I don't like OAS's method of doing business and I don't put up with it like some of you limp dicks obviously do. I have never had an occasion when I could not go in there and get someone to help me while the rest of you sheep stand around looking lost.

If we could all be as tough as you. YOU ARE MY HERO!!! Of course this is EXCATLY the piss-poor attitude I'm talking about in OAS: borderline sociopathic.

Gene Sears isn't the gun shop to end all gun shops like Jim_Dandy states. OAS will pummel their pricing on any firearm and OAS is a dealer/distributor just like Gene's store, but a lot larger (FBF is the wholesale division of OAS). I have seen the warehouse full of ammunition at Gene's, but not much else except for some shotguns and primers. OAS beat Gene over 10% on my last Weatherby purchase. Nobody is going to be the cheapest on everything all of the time.

If you had actually ever been to Sears, you wouldn't have posted anything that stupid.

My biggest problem with this whole thread is Jim_Dandy's attitude problem with everyone on every post on every topic you might find. Even Ed has asked him to chill out this week on his blackpowder rants, but he just keeps right on going.

To paraphrase you, why do you keep posting if it bothers you?

Have you ever been in the wholesale area at OAS, Jim?  I have been in both stores numerous times including Gene's warehouse.

It doesn't bother me that you post, it bothers me that you only think your opinions and experiences constitute the truth in all matters.  If I hated OAS 1/2 as much as you say you do I wouldn't step foot in the place, but you still go there and even patronize the establishment.  

You didn't even have the balls to answer this question in my previous post, so I don't think you will here, but please tell us why you still go there?
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Have you ever been in the wholesale area at OAS, Jim? I have been in both stores numerous times including Gene's warehouse.

Actually I have, but to say that Sears only carries "some shotguns and primers" is WRONG. Hell's bells, they're a full line distributor for Browning/Winchester, Beretta, Benelli, HK, S&W, T/C, Mossberg, Hornady, Sierra, Speer, Hodgdon, etc. That's a little more than "some shotguns and primers." Hell, I've been in Sears when OAS called to place an order for merchandise.

It doesn't bother me that you post, it bothers me that you only think your opinions and experiences constitute the truth in all matters.

Never posted that it did. However, I did post in this thread that it's a pretty well known item concerning this shop's lack of customer service. That's not a perception, it's not made up. Everybody knows it and you admitted so.

You didn't even have the balls to answer this question in my previous post, so I don't think you will here, but please tell us why you still go there?

Whether I "have the balls" or choose to waste my time on you is not the subject here, but I'll indulge you. OAS store is like junk food to me: doesn't do much to benefit me, but it's a guilty pleasure and it gives me the opportunity to compare the prices to various firearms and odds and ends I buy off of the 'net and elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:53:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Jim and I haved danced this dance before and have agreed to disagree.

The OAS does have several salesmen who are total pricks and quite often it is difficult to get some help. Like Big-B said I usually have to grab a salesman and tell him what I want. OAS sucks if you are looking for info or just window shopping. It is not the type of store to hang out and bullshit in.

The prices however are hard to beat,. Especially on the used and trade-in stuff.

Some examples of what I got there over the last year. All these are the out the door price.

Colt Sporter Target w/ one Colt 30 rounder--$925.31

S&W .44 mag 629 Mountain Gun LNIB--$433.45

Marlin model 1895 guide gun .45-70 LNIB--$342.82

Glock 17 w/ one hi-cap and box--$396.16

CZ 70 w/ two mags and box--$95.92

Walther P22 NIB--$235.09

I like the store and only deal with two salesmen who do a good job.

Go check it out for yourself. If you have a bad experience then don't shop there.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:43:23 AM EDT
[#39]

Jim and I haved danced this dance before and have agreed to disagree.

And 455SD loves me in spite of this.

Go check it out for yourself. If you have a bad experience then don't shop there.

Just don't be surprised if you're disappointed.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#40]
DAMN!!!! jim_d looks like you make a livin bad mouthing people. with as many problems as you have with people, maybe its not them. its just you.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:38:37 PM EDT
[#41]

DAMN!!!! jim_d looks like you make a livin bad mouthing people.

Should we discuss what you do with your mouth?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:02:36 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

But he'll do a transfer for $7.00 Thats the cheapest I've found in the area. And he's a pretty nice guy.

That is cheap.

Might even be worth the drive from T-town! Lash's just went up from 25 to 35 freakin dollars for a transfer. The price of a 170 dollar Kel-Tec went to over two hundred real quick...really paid off shopping around...I'm thinking of doing private buying from now on ...thats just vulgar!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:06:30 AM EDT
[#43]
DAMN! looks like this thread went in the shitter real quick there...someone needs to switch from briefs to boxers... can't we all just get along????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top