Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2022 4:57:02 AM EDT
Over the years I have noticed termite protection signs posted at job sites for new construction homes or businesses.

Is this by Virginia code law, or a stipulation of a construction loan?

My well will be going in before construction, and I don’t want any future hassles when construction begins due to how far away from termite treatment a well has to go.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 6:37:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 6:49:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Apparently so, but... you've got to dig through the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code
for exceptions and alternatives.

http://vapesticidesafety.org/builders.shtml

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:52:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, a termicide is required in VA.

There’s a few different ways to do it.  Spraying under the footers and slab before pouring is common, as are a borate treatment sprayed on to the framing (you have to wait until framing is complete) and even simple in-ground bait stations.  

There’s ways to treat for termites that won’t affect well water.

Talk to your builder, or if you’re acting as your own GC - ask the concrete guy doing the foundation.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank y’all for the replies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top