Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2022 7:25:29 AM EDT
Anyone know of any place in the RVA or NOVA that sells NEW food grade 5 gallon buckets?
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't help you with new ones, but Firehouse Subs (chain of sandwich shops) sells the 5-gallon buckets that their pickles come in. Last time I bought one, it was $2.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:01:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Check Lowe's for some; I picked up a few from our local one a few weeks ago that seem decent. They weren't exactly cheap (think $8/ea), but nothing is cheap these days.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't help you with new ones, but Firehouse Subs (chain of sandwich shops) sells the 5-gallon buckets that their pickles come in. Last time I bought one, it was $2.
View Quote

Yeah I have some of them but I want to store some flour and I don't want it to taste like pickles!  

I have some that are like 5 years old that still smell like pickles.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:17:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Check Lowe's for some; I picked up a few from our local one a few weeks ago that seem decent. They weren't exactly cheap (think $8/ea), but nothing is cheap these days.
View Quote

Lowes isn't food grade (the blue buckets) and the ones I have are lighter construction than the food grade buckets.  Haven't seen any other buckets for sale at any lowes by me.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:45:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah I have some of them but I want to store some flour and I don't want it to taste like pickles!  

I have some that are like 5 years old that still smell like pickles.
View Quote

So put the flour in 1-gallon zip-lock bags, and put the bags in the bucket.
Makes more sense than putting the flour directly in the bucket. You can
open 1 bag at a time, and not have to worry about 5 gallons of flour being
exposed and potentially contaminated by exposure to air, dust, bugs, etc.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 2:06:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Tractor Supply has food grade buckets

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Home depot is where i got mine.

Food grade white buckets:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leaktite-5-gal-70mil-Food-Safe-Bucket-White-005GFSWH020/300197644

View Quote

Yeah thanks. I have seen them at homedepot but while they say they are food grade they are a lightweight bucket at 7 mil. I was looking for the normal ones that are usually 9 mil. I may hit a beer supply place while I’m town tomorrow. My brewing buckets are the heavier weight.

I just had one of those lightweight food grade pails  disintegrate on me. So I want the heavier ones. Especially for rice and flour.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So put the flour in 1-gallon zip-lock bags, and put the bags in the bucket.
Makes more sense than putting the flour directly in the bucket. You can
open 1 bag at a time, and not have to worry about 5 gallons of flour being
exposed and potentially contaminated by exposure to air, dust, bugs, etc.
View Quote

This is what I do.  I've got some flour in 1 gal bags that have been in Home Depot cheapo buckets for about two years now.  So far so good.  The buckets are stored in my non-climate controlled garage but with oxygen absorbers.  The buckets are fine so far.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Lowes isn't food grade (the blue buckets) and the ones I have are lighter construction than the food grade buckets.  Haven't seen any other buckets for sale at any lowes by me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have seen food grade; white.  Over by paint with the other buckets.  You can get the good screw on lids too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top