Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2022 6:24:26 PM EDT
Im looking to get an Elevation or AT4 on order, but don't care to pay the "Market Adjustment" on a special order.  Anybody know of a dealer that isn't charging the adjustment on an ordered vehicle?  

Figured I'd ask here before I start making calls.  Willing to drive up to 4/5 hours to sign papers and pick it up.  I'm in Va Beach.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Hart gmc/Kia sells at msrp. Salem Virginia.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hart gmc/Kia sells at msrp. Salem Virginia.
View Quote

Thanks.  appreciate that.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 12:57:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Just a word of caution

I bought a at4 canyon last febuary with the 8 spd

My transmission started acting up at 17K miles

Trying to find a dealer with a trans tech has been a pain and its my only ride

even my GM dealer hasnt been able to hire a trans tech since last year

May just use sick days to leave it at dealer and wait for GM to loan me a rental long term since they 1st have to break it down and submit cost or rebuilding or replacing

Link Posted: 8/28/2022 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just a word of caution

I bought a at4 canyon last febuary with the 8 spd

My transmission started acting up at 17K miles

Trying to find a dealer with a trans tech has been a pain and its my only ride

even my GM dealer hasnt been able to hire a trans tech since last year

May just use sick days to leave it at dealer and wait for GM to loan me a rental long term since they 1st have to break it down and submit cost or rebuilding or replacing

View Quote

Damn. I don’t know how I missed this, but hope they got you fixed up.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Try Davis GMC in Farmville. Small old Mom and Pop dealership with low overhead. (Although Mom and Pop have passed on)

They move a lot of vehicles.

Link Posted: 9/2/2022 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Try Davis GMC in Farmville. Small old Mom and Pop dealership with low overhead. (Although Mom and Pop have passed on)

View Quote

I was going to suggest the same place. But I was going to call it by its old name, Davis Pontiac
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 7:31:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I was going to suggest the same place. But I was going to call it by its old name, Davis Pontiac
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, worth the call.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Hall Chevrolet?
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hall Chevrolet?
View Quote

Nope.  Ended up ordering from Duke, in Suffolk.  Smaller dealer, so allocation may come slow, but I'm in no hurry.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#10]
maybe or not,  relevant,

I thought I was going to have to order a new shop van,

had a Chevy rental which turned me off to ever buying a Chevy van,  and was told while my van was in the shop, (at Sheehy Ford in RVA) from the Commercial guy that if I had to order,  it would be at MSRP,, no markup

if that helps anyone
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
maybe or not,  relevant,

I thought I was going to have to order a new shop van,

had a Chevy rental which turned me off to ever buying a Chevy van,  and was told while my van was in the shop, (at Sheehy Ford in RVA) from the Commercial guy that if I had to order,  it would be at MSRP,, no markup

if that helps anyone
View Quote

I think it was RK Chevy in VB that told me they would honor the employee price, but tack on 4K market adjustment. I laughed, shook his hand and walked out about 10 seconds later.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think it was RK Chevy in VB that told me they would honor the employee price, but tack on 4K market adjustment. I laughed, shook his hand and walked out about 10 seconds later.
View Quote

Unfortunately, Ive found that most dealers in the HR/Tidewater area are like that, and not just cars, but motorcycles, atvs, boats, etc. And most have been that way for YEARS. In my experience, there's too many military people around the area that will come off the boat or a deployment with a big chunk of cash and will be more than willing to buy anything they want without wanting/needing to haggle on price, and the dealers of all kinds are more than willing to take advantage of that.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 1:33:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, Ive found that most dealers in the HR/Tidewater area are like that, and not just cars, but motorcycles, atvs, boats, etc. And most have been that way for YEARS. In my experience, there's too many military people around the area that will come off the boat or a deployment with a big chunk of cash and will be more than willing to buy anything they want without wanting/needing to haggle on price, and the dealers of all kinds are more than willing to take advantage of that.
View Quote

Yep, that seems to be the case. I’m also pretty sure the employee discount rules state it must be MSRP, but these folks don’t seem to give a shit. If I have any issues, I’ll just cancel and fly up to the Midwest. Dealers up there advertise the employee price. Shouldn't be too hard to find what I want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top