Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2022 8:23:42 PM EDT

Conservative Amber Athey Fired From Radio Station After ‘Racist’ Joke About Kamala Harris Outfit

I like the programming and hosts on WMAL, but I am torn about continuing to listen.  I have a hard time patronizing a company (even if it is the parent company) when they do stupid unAmerican shit like this. Her joke was a very mild one and hardly racist.  I’m sure they’ve got Leftist hosts working for Cumulus who regularly say much worse things about Conservatives.  

You can let Cumulus know how you feel here: https://www.cumulusmedia.com/about-us/contact-us/
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I listen everyday. I think WMAL should still get support. It seems all the hosts/shows are calling their parent company out for their BS.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been listening to Larry less and less over the past few months.  I'm betting if Patrice Onwuka would have said it nothing would have happened.  I'm thinking Larry didn't stick his neck out to far to draw a line over the firing.  This is a good reason for me to listen to something else during the morning drive.   David
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#3]
She was on Tim Pool last night…and Bongino yesterday too.

Timcast IRL - Elon Musk Buys LARGEST Twitter Stake With 9.2%, Defends Free Speech w/Amber Athey
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I read that Bongino offered her a bi-weekly interview slot on his show.  Why didn't WMAL and Larry offer this?  Nothing is stopping them from having her call in to the show for an interview.  Dan has more listeners so maybe this will turn out to be a win for her.  David
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 2:52:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I've listened to WMAL for 22 years now, and will continue to listen
as it's the only local "mostly conservative" station here that I know.

I used to like Larry O'Connor, but I think he's "phoned it in" for awhile now,
and would rather crack jokes than discuss topics intelligently.

My opinion of Vince Coglianese has only gone up in the last year.

Link Posted: 4/7/2022 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I used to like Larry O'Connor, but I think he's "phoned it in" for awhile now,
and would rather crack jokes than discuss topics intelligently.

My opinion of Vince Coglianese has only gone up in the last year.

View Quote

I agree.  I have been also looking at the Daily Caller website more since I learned Vince is the editorial director.  David
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top