Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2021 10:35:48 AM EDT
I was told by a Metro Transit cop (MTPD) that Black on White crime is being purposely underreported and under recognized but is getting worse. Not just after dark or on mostly empty trains but even during the morning and evening rush.

FWIW - The cop who told me this is Black. He/She wishes to remain anonymous.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#1]
If I was him/her I would not want me name out there either.

It does not surprise me that the numbers reported are bogus. I worked in DC for a few years and outside of a few areas I never felt that safety was a priority for those running the city. I took the metro and kept my head on a swivel the whole time. I have not been in DC in years, I stay out unless I can help it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 10:31:22 PM EDT
[#2]
You never, ever see them on train patrol. That is a key part of crime prevention on a mobile conveyance. When you call for them to handle calls at the metro stations, they are never around either.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 7:33:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You never, ever see them on train patrol. That is a key part of crime prevention on a mobile conveyance. When you call for them to handle calls at the metro stations, they are never around either.
View Quote

If you only knew how few Metro transit police there are.
Not many of the them have vehicles. They have to catch a train to respond to a crime.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 7:33:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Man, transit police used to be the best in the NCR.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 1:34:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/29/2021 2:22:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Da Fuq?

They're clown shoes.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 8:43:58 AM EDT
[#7]
One of my co-workers used to work from Metro. It is a complete political clusterfuck joke there.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 11:54:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Those types of crime have always been downplayed..  They might be in for a surprise if they stray to far from the metro stations when they get past Dulles.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#9]
PSA #2 You can carry on the Metro in Virginia. You cannot carry on the Metro in DC--even with a permit.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 3:05:32 PM EDT
[#10]
We used to have problems with DC Fire and EMS.
Their equipment was rarely all that up to date, and their training was often 'deficient' at best.
OP-SEC was not well executed, to say the least.

From excessive chatter on links to  just being unclear.

They did not realize that their laws ended at the river banks.
More than a few times we had them making bad assumptions, like anyone not in uniform with a gun was likely a criminal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top