Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2021 4:56:59 PM EDT
Awaiting check in at the Delta Sky Priority line at RIC this morning around 0430 for the early ATL flight …. Guy in front of me has opened his suitcase on the scale and I spy a small, what appears to be nylon case and the Delta agent is giving him the orange tag…supervisor comes over gives the card and case a quick once over…he shuts it up and is on his way…entire non-event probably took less than five minutes….apparently the Gentleman did his homework beforehand, but even more impressive, the Delta agents did their JOB as well without incident.  Very impressed….anyone else have other positive AARs?  Or was this too early in the morning…RIC was quite crowded, with all their 0600 and prior departures!

BTW, funny observation at Terminal B with TSA…the non TSA Precheckers were getting the full monty by TSA…shoes and belts off, electronics out, you know the deal…got the “look” from a couple o’Karen types as I used my Blue Card to go through the expedite line…heard one spew “hey, he didn’t take off his shoes or watch..how come I have too…”…I turned and smiled my best $hit-eatin’ grin!
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I've flown in and out of RIC via Delta a couple times with a firearm in a checked bag.  Never a problem but I double checked the federal regs and Delta procedures prior to departure.  I think the Delta folks at RIC are fairly used to and comfortable with the process.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top