Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2021 4:57:07 PM EDT
WTF, I submitted my CCW form to the court on 6/23, I get a fucking letter today asking to either submit a notarized supplementary information form or the new CCW form for that went into effect on 7/1.
If i submit my goddamn form on 6/23 is because the 7/1 form was NOT IN EFFECT and I was UNABLE TO FUCKING DOWNLOAD it from the site and FILL IT OUT!!
Am i wrong here? am I missing something? I am so fucking mad. I am lucky enough that i can take the time to fill a new form, go to the fucking court and submit everything AGAIN tomorrow, but What in the everloving FUCK  is this shit?
If anyone could put me in place and tell me i am wrong and this is why, great, otherwise, these fucks know what they are doing and try to delay as much as possible CCW permits.
Anyway, gonna go fill that fucking form again goddamn it!
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#1]
What county or city?
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Fairfax, I just finished filling the new form, that will be another $11 for parking and I guess i have to re submit the form so another 45 days for these fucking paper pushers to review and find another excuse to try and ask for my dna or some other crap.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 11:38:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I suspect the new form reflects some legal change that went into effect July 1, and that is something that they can’t really dodge. They didn’t roll it out well, or communicate it properly, but you aren’t going to to have much luck with anything but jumping through their hoops.

-shooter
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 11:56:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I suspect the new form reflects some legal change that went into effect July 1, and that is something that they can’t really dodge. They didn’t roll it out well, or communicate it properly, but you aren’t going to to have much luck with anything but jumping through their hoops.

-shooter
View Quote

Probably 50% this and 50% Fairfax is dickhead..  Restart the process.. Give the clerk love eyes and be overly nice.  Throw her game off.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:58:36 AM EDT
[#5]
On my way to the court, I agree with the "don't be a dick to the clerk" motto, but, the law did not go into effect until 7/1, there are literally 3 new stupid questions on the form, that is it, when I submitted mine, there was NO option to download the newer form from the site, and last I check the law is not retroactive, but I could be wrong.
Anyway, let's see what they say, hopefully I don't have to pay another $50.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Forget about the money and the hoops you're jumping through.
Just get your permit and carry your sidearm daily and responsibly (quality holster with retention).
You owe it to your community.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I know I know, just pissed off I had to go all the way to the court again to get this moving, filled the new form, submitted changes, will wait for updates.

I'm looking at this for holster:
Axis elite
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 7:30:19 AM EDT
[#8]
"Fairfax"
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Report your situation to the VCDL.  If Fairfax is playing games you might have some redress.  (I'm not familiar with the form changes to tell you if they were in the wrong or not).

@bulldog1967 can point you in the right direction
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#11]
The Clerk of Court in Fairfax John Frey (a RINO) has always required extra-legal BS.

For years they demanded (may still do) a utility bill, extra copies, the maximum $50 plus a stamp...

Link Posted: 7/22/2021 1:39:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fairfax, I just finished filling the new form, that will be another $11 for parking and I guess i have to re submit the form so another 45 days for these fucking paper pushers to review and find another excuse to try and ask for my dna or some other crap.
View Quote

If you don’t mind a bit of a walk, park at the USPS a few blocks away, past the juvenile detention center. I don’t give those assholes a dime for parking.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 1:05:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I know I know, just pissed off I had to go all the way to the court again to get this moving, filled the new form, submitted changes, will wait for updates.
I'm looking at this for holster:
Axis elite
View Quote

IWB is not going to be the most comfortable in hot and sweaty weather.
Not clear what if any retention those have.
Take a look at Safariland if you haven't already.
Might also consider a separate mag carrier. Paddle carriers from Fobus are good.

Either way, good luck with FFx
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I couldn’t make the mag carrier work on the wrong side of the body and went with separate Comp-Tac gear.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top