Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2021 4:10:58 PM EDT
Just need the flares on the sides of a BCM MCMR; they interfere with the suppressor.

Any names?  Any guesses on what that might cost?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 5:41:56 PM EDT
[#1]
A picture or two might help.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:14:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Hall Precision in F'burg boasts about their machining capabilities.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 4:05:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hall Precision in F'burg boasts about their machining capabilities.
View Quote

I hope there work has improved since I had some milling done by them a few years ago. It took way to long. His mill broke and he ordered a new part from over seas and when that took months and the part was not shipped yet he abandoned the new part and got a new mill. Then the bit he bought for my job broke at the beginning of the jiob and he ended up doing it by hand. It looked like it was done by hand and I had another shop clean it up.

I recently used Total Machine in King George for a job at work and was very happy with what I got. Larry was great to work with and they have a few gun related items they made on the wall in the lobby/office area.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I hope there work has improved since I had some milling done by them a few years ago. It took way to long. His mill broke and he ordered a new part from over seas and when that took months and the part was not shipped yet he abandoned the new part and got a new mill. Then the bit he bought for my job broke at the beginning of the jiob and he ended up doing it by hand. It looked like it was done by hand and I had another shop clean it up.

I recently used Total Machine in King George for a job at work and was very happy with what I got. Larry was great to work with and they have a few gun related items they made on the wall in the lobby/office area.
View Quote

LOL holy crap, that's just one bad break after another!

I'm bookmarking that link!
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 12:56:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a long term project with multiple phases to get what I wanted and was a few years ago. I am a patient person but having 2 channels milled in a piece of steel, granted they had some contour to them, should not be a hard or long task for a gunsmith. I was fine that his mill was busted and he was getting parts, it happens to everyone. I started getting annoyed after 3 months and no progress. I was happy when he called me after about 3 or 4 months and said it was done. I got there and noticed the poor machining and mentioned it, he stated he has to do it by hand since the new bit he got for my job broke. He took it back and a week later I got it back but, it was still not straight so I took it and had the gunsmith that was doing phase 2 clean it up. It looks great now. I would advise anyone wanting him to do work for them to find out what is current work quality is. Maybe he was just having an off time when I had him do the work or maybe he thinks his skills are better then they really are, who knows. All I do know is that Total Machine was great from the get go and went above and beyond to work with me on parameters for the job that kept moving.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 11:42:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd mark it carefully with a scribe and file to the line, finish with some Aluminium Black. Or that's what I'd do if I didn't have a couple of Bridgeport's at home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top