Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2021 4:37:21 AM EDT
Complete piece of shit?

Went to renew a car registration.  Fill in the boxes with the appropriate info, click Submit and get some BS about how it can't be done and to click on HELP.

THERE IS NO FUCKING HELP!!!!!  

Damn I hate incompetence.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 6:56:22 AM EDT
[#1]
A few years ago with the "DMV now" site I requested an account online and got a temp password in a day or so and was set up.  This past year my daughter had to get an appointment and register her car after she could not get the website to work.  I went with her to DMV and the rep gave her a sheet with a temporary password.  He said you now have to come into DMV in person to set up an online account.  David
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Virginia's DMV typifies just how completely screwed up government is in Virginia now.  This state F'ing sucks since the marxists have taken it over.

I saw on Channel 6 the other morning that the DMV is going to remain open, appointment only, from now on.  Thats right... you will have to make an appointment months in advance for anything DMV related.  Thanks Ralph.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#3]
It took them many many years to transition from every license plate in the state expiring on the same day.
The entire state.

The lines at DMV used to be epic every spring.

And the plates switched every year from black letters on white, to white letters on black.

So every vehicle needed a new plate every year.

The dumbs have really screwed up a lot of things.

You have a bunch of state employees that have no idea how to specify what they want in a web site.

Many fed sites have problems also.

It is all done by contractors.
And government almost always picks the lowest bid.

I have seen web sites developed by 12 year olds that are better than government sites.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw on Channel 6 the other morning that the DMV is going to remain open, appointment only, from now on.  Thats right... you will have to make an appointment months in advance for anything DMV related.  Thanks Ralph.
View Quote

Oh, you've got to be kidding me....  Made appointment months out for kid to get a learner's permit.  Wife discovered at DMV that even though she had to prove everything for Real ID, that wasn't good enough to prove anything for kid and so needed to produce all the paperwork proving citizenship, residency, etc.  Apparently the one they were shy was the residency one because of course driver's license is only one form of proof and could be old.  DMV workers of course did not care and kid was returned to the online waiting for an appointment which was granted about 3 months from the original.  Now I'm going to have to go through this again for the full driver's license?  Oh, and to top it all off, still had to wait about 45 minutes even with an appointment to get to a window.

On the plus side, at least you don't have provide nearly the level of documentation to vote any more
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 8:01:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm riding the private sale bike I just bought with the bill of sale and a copy of my DMV "registration and tag" appt. on July 30th...  
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#6]
At least you got logged it. It always locks me out, I've been pulling a title from the safe each time I renew one lately.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Wait until you pay the "Highway Use Fee" that's added onto the registration cost.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Any GOPer running for office this fall should make a huge issue of mismanagement of the DMV.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 1:45:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wait until you pay the "Highway Use Fee" that's added onto the registration cost.
View Quote

Got to make you pay for lower gas consumption.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I was one select DMV and they were getting 25% no shows and didn’t have a way to add people if the slot was open.  Sucks that you have to plan 5 weeks out for DMV transactions.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Virginia's DMV typifies just how completely screwed up government is in Virginia now.  This state F'ing sucks since the marxists have taken it over.

View Quote

holy fucking shit

well, if thats the case coonman better tell the VSP to stop pulling people for expired plates or no plates
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 10:32:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

well, if thats the case coonman better tell the VSP to stop pulling people for expired plates or no plates
View Quote

The wonderful VA General Assembly voted to change the law regarding registration and inspections.  You can't be stopped until either are expired by four months.  You know, because of equity.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 11:30:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Complete piece of shit?

Went to renew a car registration.  Fill in the boxes with the appropriate info, click Submit and get some BS about how it can't be done and to click on HELP.

THERE IS NO FUCKING HELP!!!!!  

Damn I hate incompetence.
View Quote

The DMV has been that way for decades..........Richard Holcomb the commish........has been there for decades too............why has not he been replaced?
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I bought a camper in April and made an appt with the DMV that day. The appt was 50 days from the time I requested it.

Printed and filled out the required paperwork, got to the DMV, and had to wait about 15 minutes to get to the window, only to be faced with a clerk that was a point or two above retard level IQ. It took her 20 minutes to register my camper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top