Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2021 11:09:49 PM EDT
My cousin is looking for a lawyer in the henrico area , apparently about 20 years ago he got in some trouble after his wife died in Ca . According to him the charges were expunged , in 2016 he went to buy a gun here in Va and apparently got rejected because of the charges . Well last week he gets charged for I guess putting false info on a 4473 so he has to go to henrico and state his case and is looking for a lawyer . Just told him Id ask around for him so here I am  So any recommendations from the hivemind?
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:54:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Cant help with the lawyer but your relatives story does not make a lot of sense. They just now charged him for a 2016 form? Only time I have seen that done was when there was other things going on like say the gun used in a crime.

May I suggest trying for a good criminal defense lawyer.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:16:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah its a bit odd but I just told him Id ask. He didnt ever get a gun , so I dont know . I didnt ask the details and fortunately never had any dealings with that side of the law so im clueless on the process and penalties .
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#3]
John Pierce
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 8:17:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Ted Bruns, former Henrico prosecutor.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 6:19:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ted Bruns, former Henrico prosecutor.
View Quote

I would second this.  Ted is a genuinely decent person, even for a lawyer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top