Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2021 9:33:25 PM EDT
Anyone have a go to, legit, actual tailor they would recommend in NOVA.
Most everywhere I look is either a dry cleaner with a sewing machine or a tuxedo shop that can just alter the stuff they rent.
I haven’t had the best of luck with recent experiences going with Yelp and Google reviews.
I picked up a bunch of Vertx and the like type pants for next to nothing at Blackfish-Blue Ridge Arsenal when they closed, and am looking to get a couple of pairs turned into shorts.

TIA
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Kim's Custom Tailoring in Springfield.

I haven't been to his shop in a while but he has always been the best. No comparison in the area, and I'd put his work up against people who tailor bridal dresses that have a months-long waitlist.

I have an atypical build and Kim has been able to make clothes that fit me perfectly. He will take the time to mark what needs to be done and where. It was a bit odd at first since he just does his thing, but the clothes come out perfect.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:41:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks man, I’ll give them a look.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#3]
The Tailor Shop, (at 425 Maple Avenue East in Vienna) has done several jobs for me that turned out exceedingly well. I was very happy with the workmanship, price and the time it took to get the work done.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Tailor Shop, (at 425 Maple Avenue East in Vienna) has done several jobs for me that turned out exceedingly well. I was very happy with the workmanship, price and the time it took to get the work done.
View Quote

Thanks!
The reviews look promising, and a bit easier to get to from home and work than Springfield.

Appreciate the input gents!
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 12:57:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Best Tailoring
9126 Lee Hwy
Fairfax, VA  22031

I have suits done in DC or NYC; these folks have done more mundane work including adjusting shirt sleeves at the shoulder and so on.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Best Tailoring
9126 Lee Hwy
Fairfax, VA  22031

I have suits done in DC or NYC; these folks have done more mundane work including adjusting shirt sleeves at the shoulder and so on.
View Quote

Thanks!  I’ll check them out also.
It will end up being a gametime decision tomorrow afternoon or Saturday morning. Probably the closest place to wherever errands end up taking me.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Many dry cleaners have access to a tailor.
Some are very good.

Watch out for the hacks though.
Have them do something simple first, like shorten pants to measure.

Examine the work.

I am only 5'6".
Hard to find shorts with a 3 inch inseam.
Ordered three pairs of 7 inch inseam that look like they can be shorted without screwing up the pockets.

Waiting for delivery, and then will start looking around Culpeper (Town).
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know where you are in NOtVA but Quantico 94 Tailor Shop has been excellent for me.

Does anyone know a tailor who can do stuff from scratch?  I have a winter yukata and I'd like to get a summer one made using the winter one as a template.  I'll go anywhere in the NCR.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Does anyone know a tailor who can do stuff from scratch?  I have a winter yukata and I'd like to get a summer one made using the winter one as a template.  I'll go anywhere in the NCR.
View Quote

Try The Tailor Shop in Vienna.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Try The Tailor Shop in Vienna.
View Quote

I will, thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top