[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FRN
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Does this mean Ralph can't wear his klan mask any longer?
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The virus knows it can't handle June 1st......sadly good enough science for the Karens to get with the program.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:32:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Or Coonman can kiss my ass and I'll still go about sans face diaper.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Stopped by my local Ace, which was never bad about masks at all. Surprisingly, it seems very little has changed, with a good 90% or more still wearing them. I guess people are still scared, though I'm sure some of them aren't aware of the change (which hasn't been well publicized).
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:19:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Stopped by my local Ace, which was never bad about masks at all. Surprisingly, it seems very little has changed, with a good 90% or more still wearing them. I guess people are still scared, though I'm sure some of them aren't aware of the change (which hasn't been well publicized).
View Quote

Same experience here.  Not 90%, but the same percentage as before.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I went to breakfast at my local IHOP the other day.  They were flipping out about me not wearing a mask until I told them I was fully immunized, then they were all smiles.

*shrug*
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Same experience here.  Not 90%, but the same percentage as before.
View Quote

Went to more places. Inside a restaurant now, nobody cared. My wife went to the spa and it was 100% masked, but nobody said anything to her. She went to Target as well and somebody was handing out masks, which they've never done before (at least not while I've gone). Might be their policy rather than the state mandate but that seems odd.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:07:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Went to more places. Inside a restaurant now, nobody cared. My wife went to the spa and it was 100% masked, but nobody said anything to her. She went to Target as well and somebody was handing out masks, which they've never done before (at least not while I've gone). Might be their policy rather than the state mandate but that seems odd.
View Quote
We stopped at Costco in Fredericksburg today, and I was surprised to see they had a sign saying you could skip the mask if you were vaccinated, and they weren't going to verify. So as far as anyone knows, I'm fully vaxxed. Costco has been pretty militant about masks up until now, so I figured they'd keep the mask requirement at least for a while.

Then my son wanted to check out the mall, since we had never been in it. All the stores still had Mask Required signs up, and I would say at least 95% of people were wearing them. We stopped in GameStop, and as we were browsing games a worker came up and started with "I have just one question..." and I thought to myself she was going to give me a hard time for not wearing a mask, but instead she's like "Do you have the Mario All-stars game yet, because if not, it's now out of print so I would suggest getting it." So that was a pleasant surprise.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We stopped at Costco in Fredericksburg today, and I was surprised to see they had a sign saying you could skip the mask if you were vaccinated, and they weren't going to verify. So as far as anyone knows, I'm fully vaxxed. Costco has been pretty militant about masks up until now, so I figured they'd keep the mask requirement at least for a while.

Then my son wanted to check out the mall, since we had never been in it. All the stores still had Mask Required signs up, and I would say at least 95% of people were wearing them. We stopped in GameStop, and as we were browsing games a worker came up and started with "I have just one question..." and I thought to myself she was going to give me a hard time for not wearing a mask, but instead she's like "Do you have the Mario All-stars game yet, because if not, it's now out of print so I would suggest getting it." So that was a pleasant surprise.
View Quote

Costco? Really?

I was about to cancel and try out one of the other two because Costco has been so extreme about it (I more or less blame them for starting it). If they're relaxing, that's a good sign.

My area of PWC isn't liberal and it was simply bizarre to see so many masked - really as if nothing had changed. The fact that people still wore them to go to the bathroom in a relatively low-key family restaurant (Tuscani) means they either don't know or they're completely insane. No middle ground.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
https://www.nbc12.com/2021/05/14/northam-lifting-mask-mandate-capacity-social-distancing-restrictions-end-may/

Yay, us!   We've been given permission to breathe now!  Hooray!!!  
View Quote

Need to encourage him to switch to a plastic bag.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I went to 2 different Food Lions without a mask and it was hilarious.  People avoid you like you are radioactive.  Everyone was staring and I had one guy stop dead in his tracks and freeze as we walked by.  He was mortified we were not wearing a mask.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#15]
I went to Kroger on Saturday.  They still had their signs up say masks were required by local ordnance.  Since that is no longer true I walked in mask less.  I was the only one.  No one said anything or seemed to care much.  Like anything, the more people do it the more will follow.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#16]
I went to Giant near Reston, sans mask, and I got plenty of looks.  Grabbed some beer and headed to self checkout where some old dude started asking where my mask was.  A store manager, without a mask, came up and told him the store no longer requires masks and to stop bugging me.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#17]
I hit tractor supply in Leesburg yesterday and nobody said a word.  Only one other customer wasn’t masked.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Both Costco and Publix have removed the mask mandate. I was in Publix today and my cashier was telling me a lady in the store a short while before I was there was complaining to the manager that she was very disappointed in Publix for removing the mask mandate. Both the cashier and I laughed and agreed that with around 10 grocery stores in a 20 minute drive she had plenty of options if she did not want to shop there anymore.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I went to Lidl in Ashburn on Saturday and they had rescinded their mask policy. I was still the only one in the store without one. If the karens' looks could kill, I would have been dead
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 11:13:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I self-identify as vaccinated.
View Quote

lol!  I have my papers in case someone asks, but I hear you.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:45:36 AM EDT
[#21]
For the most part people seem to still be wearing masks.

Yesterday after soccer practice my son and I stopped by a couple stores to pick up some things.  Of course with no masks.

At Harris Teeter (despite its massive MASKS REQURIED signs the door) I noticed that a young guy (teenager?) in the store was watching us and he immediately began to pull his mask down under his nose, and by the end of his shopping (we both ended up at self-check out at the same time) he had completely taken off his mask.

And at a local Baskin Robbins (with massive MASKS REQUIRED signs), I noticed a woman and her kid didn't wear their masks after they saw us inside with no masks.  She had her mask in hand from her car to the door but she quickly put it away when she saw us.  And this particular store has been emphatic about masks recently.  [Note: I was not being a creep and scoping out the MILFs -- I was merely being observant of my surroundings and people/vehicles and maintaining situational awareness. ]

Some people actually think it's about health and safety and obey for that reason.  But for folks who know the entire thing is a scam and it's only about control and conditioning us to be obedient and compliant and to set the precedent for eventually/gradually implementing unimaginably tyrannical policies -- it's incumbent on us to resist in any way we can no matter how little or seemingly inconsequential.  You're only responsible for yourself (don't expect to change the world) -- but you're still responsible for yourself to know that you did/do everything you can within your control.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
For the most part people seem to still be wearing masks.

Yesterday after soccer practice my son and I stopped by a couple stores to pick up some things.  Of course with no masks.

At Harris Teeter (despite its massive MASKS REQURIED signs the door) I noticed that a young guy (teenager?) in the store was watching us and he immediately began to pull his mask down under his nose, and by the end of his shopping (we both ended up at self-check out at the same time) he had completely taken off his mask.

And at a local Baskin Robbins (with massive MASKS REQUIRED signs), I noticed a woman and her kid didn't wear their masks after they saw us inside with no masks.  She had her mask in hand from her car to the door but she quickly put it away when she saw us.  And this particular store has been emphatic about masks recently.  [Note: I was not being a creep and scoping out the MILFs -- I was merely being observant of my surroundings and people/vehicles and maintaining situational awareness. ]

Some people actually think it's about health and safety and obey for that reason.  But for folks who know the entire thing is a scam and it's only about control and conditioning us to be obedient and compliant and to set the precedent for eventually/gradually implementing unimaginably tyrannical policies -- it's incumbent on us to resist in any way we can no matter how little or seemingly inconsequential.  You're only responsible for yourself (don't expect to change the world) -- but you're still responsible for yourself to know that you did/do everything you can within your control.
View Quote

There are parts of this country and even within the state, that thought you guys were completely nuts before COVID.   City peeps are largely insecure and easily led.....the mask is comfort and identity for these sad folks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#23]
I have been going without a mask in stores without the sign starting this week.  I was in Giant the other day getting the looks from everyone in the self checkout area.  Another lady without a mask looked at me and smiled.  I said to her loud enough for everyone around to hear me "its amazing how many selfish people in this area haven't bothered to get vaccinated".  You could have heard a pin drop after that.  I love when I make myself laugh. David
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have been going without a mask in stores without the sign starting this week.  I was in Giant the other day getting the looks from everyone in the self checkout area.  Another lady without a mask looked at me and smiled.  I said to her loud enough for everyone around to hear me "its amazing how many selfish people in this area haven't bothered to get vaccinated".  You could have heard a pin drop after that.  I love when I make myself laugh. David
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Hit Costco in Fredericksburg today.   I would say 20 % of shoppers did not have masks.  No stares like I got the other day so it is catching on.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Some businesses in Loudoun County now have "No mask required - if vaccinated" signs posted,
like Giant Food in Ashburn Village Plaza.  

A few (mostly restaurants) have finally dumped the nonsense altogether.  

The majority still maintain the kabuki theater.
Looking your way, convenient Stone Ridge Harris Teeter.  

ETA:  You all are correct.  I see more people ditching their masks when encountering others that have already done so.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#27]
The dam is springing leaks!

Our neighborhood Harris Teeter is now "No mask required - if vaccinated."

About 10 out of 50 people were shopping unmasked.

If anybody wants to wear a mask, fine.  It's their choice.

I'm just glad the coersion and fearmongering seems to be ending.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 8:36:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The dam is springing leaks!

Our neighborhood Harris Teeter is now "No mask required - if vaccinated."

About 10 out of 50 people were shopping unmasked.

If anybody wants to wear a mask, fine.  It's their choice.

I'm just glad the coersion and fearmongering seems to be ending.
View Quote

The Kroger i go to here has the same sign. About 50/50 mask vs no mask. Central Va.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Here in southern VA just depends on time of day , TSC is mostly no mask most of the time , the homeless despite goes from hardly no mask on weekdays to almost all masked on yuppie weekends .

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Last weekend at the Leesburg Walmart nearly everyone was still wearing a mask.  Today at the Costco it was about 2/3 wearing masks.  Slowly getting back to normal.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Here in eastern Loudoun county at a Giant Food store they had changed their signs
to no masks required if fully vaccinated and I was the only one not wearing a mask
felt kinda weird at first but I didnt notice any strange looks
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 8:46:37 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
FRN FCM
View Quote

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 9:02:36 AM EDT
[#33]
I am still amazed at the number of dillweeds driving around in their cars, alone, wearing masks.  smh.....
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I am still amazed at the number of dillweeds driving around in their cars, alone, wearing masks.  smh.....
View Quote

No doubt.

The best thing I saw was a dude in Alexandria riding his bicycle alone on a sunny day with a mask but no helmet. These people are why we can't have nice things, like freedom.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Had an appointment at Stafford DMV
Monday.

It should have taken five minutes, but took
about 45 to get to the window and wrap it up.

Wore no mask.

Everyone else I saw wore them.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#36]
FRN

Still not going to wear the mask...

Today’s EO-79:

https://www.governor.virginia.gov/media/governorvirginiagov/executive-actions/EO-79-and-Order-of-Public-Health-Emergency-Ten-Ending-of-Commonsense-Public-Health-Restrictions-Due-to-Novel-Coronavirus

Ending “common sense” restrictions.

What a passive-aggressive piece of shit.

ETA: where have we heard the “common sense” language used before?  Most people complied.  That’s disturbing.

In any case, I hope this is not a setup for a few months from now in the fall when allergies and flu season starts when they will say, “yOu sEeeeeee wE eAsed rEsTRiCtiOns bUt nOw COvid vaRiAnT caSes aRe uP !!1!!!  SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING!!1!! Vaccinate EVERYTHING!”

Link Posted: 5/29/2021 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Had an appointment at Stafford DMV
Monday.

It should have taken five minutes, but took
about 45 to get to the window and wrap it up.

Wore no mask.

Everyone else I saw wore them.
View Quote

Surprisingly, I preferred the DMV during lockdown.

While it took 3 months to get an appointment last year in Chantilly, the visit took only 5 minutes.  

ETA: Due to capacity restrictions and strict appt. times, only myself and one other customer were inside.
         We weren't forced to play the usual DMV BINGO ticket game.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I never wore a mask outside, only to get into shops that I had no choice, after CDC statement about no masks for "vaccinated people", I started asking at every shop, all of them said it was ok to go without a mask.
Trader Joe's was my first visit, asked at the door, lady said "we are not enforcing it anymore", cool got in without a mask, EVERYONE ELSE had a mask, was looked at as if I was an alien, managers looking from a distance not knowing what to do. Gave 0 fucks and move to the next one, Costco, same thing, asked, no mask, was again, THE ONLY ONE I saw without a damn mask, gave no fucks, moved to the next, Home Depot, asked at the door, no mask, went inside, a few people without it, most with, still gave no fucks.
Yesterday I was @ Winchester, downtown, most people without a mask, some were DOUBLE masked!! I shake my head and move on....just be ready, this is not over...
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm in Berryville and see the same thing in Winchester.  At Costco today, a guy was even wearing gloves!  It has almost been fun to go to stores in Alexandria, etc. without a mask and get the reactions from the mask wearing Stockholm Syndrome victims.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#40]
There was a post on FB today by Gourmeltz that the health dept. has reissued there permit and the state dropped the charges against them. I guess they figured that with us being so far out of the mandates they could not win and dropped it.

eta: FB post if you want to see it
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Got vaccinated.
Big deal for me since there is a possibility of a vaccine triggering an MS Exacerbation.

Of course getting a viral infection might also trigger MS Exacerbations.

Takes 6 to 8 weeks when it has been triggered 20+ years ago.
Has only been 5 weeks, so still waiting.

Hopefully the immune suppressing drug allows me to develop adequate antibodies.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 9:45:50 PM EDT
[#42]
So people carrying concealed handguns are no longer allowed to cover their faces.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Antibodies are not the most important ones to fight this type of virus, T cells are, this virus gets inside the cell (simple explanation) and your T cells are the ones that find those infected cells and destroy them. that is why it is ridiculous to get a PCR test, which does nothing at the amplification level used as it can detect anything and everything, and why and antigen test is also ridiculous as it can also detect past antibodies. If they wanted to really test they would use the T-Detect test across the board, which they are not, cause it does not server their plan of having everyone scared of a 99.97% survival rate chinese lab made virus IMO.

To each it's own, but I ain't getting that experimental vaccine into my bloodstream, I have EVERY other vaccine I was given since I was a child, I also had to get some that were not at my home country's schedule to be able to move to the US as it is required, I even had to get recently a tetanus shot again after a biking accident, no "anti vaxxer" here, but after doing research and having a LOT of MDs @ my family I decided no thanks.

I distrust ALL government and those that work or depend financially on it because of where I come from, and this administration and what I see at a global level is beyond obvious to me, not part of a "pandemic" control.

Take is for what is worth, no judgement here as we are all free independent beings to make decisions on our own, I hope I am wrong as I which no harm comes to anyone that took this experimental drug.
GB
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Antibodies are not the most important ones to fight this type of virus, T cells are, this virus gets inside the cell (simple explanation) and your T cells are the ones that find those infected cells and destroy them. that is why it is ridiculous to get a PCR test, which does nothing at the amplification level used as it can detect anything and everything, and why and antigen test is also ridiculous as it can also detect past antibodies. If they wanted to really test they would use the T-Detect test across the board, which they are not, cause it does not server their plan of having everyone scared of a 99.97% survival rate chinese lab made virus IMO.

To each it's own, but I ain't getting that experimental vaccine into my bloodstream, I have EVERY other vaccine I was given since I was a child, I also had to get some that were not at my home country's schedule to be able to move to the US as it is required, I even had to get recently a tetanus shot again after a biking accident, no "anti vaxxer" here, but after doing research and having a LOT of MDs @ my family I decided no thanks.

I distrust ALL government and those that work or depend financially on it because of where I come from, and this administration and what I see at a global level is beyond obvious to me, not part of a "pandemic" control.

Take is for what is worth, no judgement here as we are all free independent beings to make decisions on our own, I hope I am wrong as I which no harm comes to anyone that took this experimental drug.
GB
View Quote

Dangerously oversimplified.

Antibodies allow the immune system to kill off sub-cellular things BEFORE they can get into cells.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Does this mean Ralph can't wear his klan mask any longer?
View Quote

That was one of the original purposes of the Virginia mask law.

One more thing to throw at Klan jerks.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 7:55:35 AM EDT
[#46]
f&^k Blackface
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top