Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2021 11:01:31 AM EDT
With scrap prices being up, I am ready to exchange my pile for $$$.

I have sold to Potomac Metals in Manassas a few years ago and was satisfied. Are they good to go?

Anybody else I should be doing business with?

Thanks for the read and any comments you have
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:46:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Summit Recycling in Fredericksburg recently paid $2/ pound for brass cases. You need to sort the nickel plated cases out. They only pay$0.30/pound.

123 Summit St Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Summit Recycling in Fredericksburg recently paid $2/ pound for brass cases. You need to sort the nickel plated cases out. They only pay$0.30/pound.

123 Summit St Fredericksburg, VA 22401
View Quote

Good to know. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#3]
No idea where your located but there is a scrap place by the landfill in Stafford. Might ping them and see what they pay.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No idea where your located but there is a scrap place by the landfill in Stafford. Might ping them and see what they pay.
View Quote

10-4. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:05:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys. I ended up using Potomac Metals because they were local and their price paid for various metals was within pennies of everybody else I called (they can change quickly). Very satisfied. They had the whole process set-up to be quick and efficient. Their crew was professional and friendly. I traded my ~2 years worth of scrap hoard (Aluminum, Copper & Brass) for $291. Not bad since the scrap cost me nothing but the minimal effort to pick it up.

Scrap prices are definitely up. If you are waiting for the right time to sell, this may be it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top