Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2021 6:25:16 PM EDT
Anyone use it?  Have any problems with it?
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you mean just Armslist, for advertising local sales only?  Or are you referring to something else, like VA Gun trader?

I had good luck with Armslist for advertising local sales long ago, before they changed their policies around.  Now both listers and buyers must have paid memberships, which is why listers are now embedding their somewhat coded phone numbers in the ads...because you really can't expect a casual buyer who stumbled across the site to sign up for a paid membership to buy one thing.  Many other issues with their site, documented in this thread.

I've had zero luck on VA Gun Trader.  Lots of tire kickers, but no one seems to close the deal.  I suspect you are dealing with a small, more educated buyer there.

And I've been thinking about unloading some accessories, so I am also curious what people are using right now...besides the EE of course.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure what OP is referring to. My experience of it was years ago before the whole Universal Background Check laws went into effect.

My experience with Armslist has been mostly negative. I tried to sell a gun on it long ago and nearly every one dropped it.

Then I found out about VA Gun trader and sold it on the first day. Met with the person at a big parking lot, asked for a voters card with a VA license, and everything went smoothly.

Keep in mind, you can't do that these days. Now, no matter where you sell it, you have to do a UBC.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 5:54:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess it is just Armslist now, I thought it used to be VA Armslist?  

I'm looking to sell a few things so I'll look into VA Gun trader, thanks for letting me know about that.

Link Posted: 3/23/2021 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I look at armslist but have never bought anything.  Seems like mostly pawn shops advertising on there.

Vaguntrader I do buy things from this site.  Had many good transactions. It has been quiet since the new laws took effect in VA last summer.

Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:05:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Va Gun trader was awesome but the Democrats damn near killed it with the stupid ass UBC law, but it's what democrats do, destroy things.
Armlist was ok, but now you have to pay to even contact someone, dumb as hell.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I miss the good old days of the Tidewater Trading Post.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Va Gun trader was awesome but the Democrats damn near killed it with the stupid ass UBC law, but it's what democrats do, destroy things.
Armlist was ok, but now you have to pay to even contact someone, dumb as hell.
View Quote

Yep, sucks a bit.  I've been cleaning up my shop and decided I want to sell some NIB accessories and mags I don't need and now have no idea where the best place is currently, since the woke crowd has killed all mainstream options.  No doubt, the EE is an option, but traffic is pretty limited compared to mainstream sites.

Is Gun Broker a good place to sell accessories?  Or is still scam central?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Armslist or VA gun trader?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Made much use of VAGT the past few years. Site allows you to search by location also.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#10]
VA Guntrader is ok to sell ammo and such now.

As private sales have to go thru an FFL you might as well go through gunbroker if selling.

I have sold guns in past on Armslist - it has a lot of scammers on it. With current requirement to go through a FFL again it seems more hassle then simply selling on gunbroker.

With current shortage of guns some gunshops may offer you the same price you could sell for in a private sale.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#11]
My experience with Armslist was poor to say the least.  For every legit buyer I would get I would get five (probable) felons or scammers or plain no shows.  I turned down several sales opportunities on Armslist over the last couple of years.  When AL when to a paid site I stopped even looking at the site.

I've been on Vaguntrader since it started.  The site used to be great and I made a lot of sales and trades on VGT but now is filled with price gouging delta bravos.  VA's UBC law has killed a thriving site and hamstrung law abiding citizens.  Thanks democrats.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Vagt is awful now.  Filled with the same haggling mouth-breathers that loiter at gun shows.

There's also suspicious activity, I got this gem this morning.  Yeah I don't like the new laws whatsoever, but don't ask me to break it all while documenting it with written record beforehand and also making a bill of sale.  Either that or this as a sting operation going on:

Link Posted: 4/5/2021 7:51:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I have always had really good luck on Armslist.

I was able to get both a 74, and a WASR for ridiculously good prices last year right before the UBC.

Sold a pistol and shotgun, and both times the buyer was legit and not a mouth breather.

HOWEVER. I have had shit luck on VAgun trader. I have only managed to close on a Larue rail, and I would either get tire kickers on my ads, some fucking new account asking me to trade when I want cash, or offer cash when I specify trade only.

What really pissed me off was last year before the UBC, guy listed a stripped lower for a bit high, but I was still ready to pay cash since I wanted one more. I was even in his area and messaged dude about it. He responded that "since I only have 12 posts, and don't post in the hangout chat I'm probably a felon trying to avoid a background check". He then blocked me before I could even respond with a reference (my brother who was buying three different guns that day from sellers on there)

So now I don't really even bother with it. The person who described it as filled with the guy wearing BDU's open carrying a Judge who hang around fondling guns at gunshows smelling like fart cheese, nailed it.

Maybe now that Armslist has gone off the deep end, it will work out for me.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Vagt is awful now.  Filled with the same haggling mouth-breathers that loiter at gun shows.

There's also suspicious activity, I got this gem this morning.  Yeah I don't like the new laws whatsoever, but don't ask me to break it all while documenting it with written record beforehand and also making a bill of sale.  Either that or this as a sting operation going on:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/292592/IMG_20210328_080818-1883129.jpg
View Quote

Or somebody who doesn’t know the law has changed. I have talked to people in local law enforcement who have guns that do t know the law has changed. Now if he is knowingly asking to do this and knows about the law change, that’s an issue.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 11:59:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Armslist has had a huge problem with scammers, so just beware.  I guess as a seller that’s not as big a problem so long as you CYA with your payment methods, etc.  just be prepared that you might get some questions from wary buyers that are trying to determine if you are a scammer

I was the member number 146 at Vaguntrader after it went live. I think it’s up approaching 80,000+ members now,  I made friends through that page.  It fucking blows now.  Makes me sad.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Armslist has had a huge problem with scammers, so just beware.  I guess as a seller that’s not as big a problem so long as you CYA with your payment methods, etc.  just be prepared that you might get some questions from wary buyers that are trying to determine if you are a scammer

I was the member number 146 at Vaguntrader after it went live. I think it’s up approaching 80,000+ members now,  I made friends through that page.  It fucking blows now.  Makes me sad.
View Quote

The drop after the change in the law was horrible.  I had lots of luck on there, both buying and selling- I think one negative interaction in 11 years when a guy flaked on a meeting.  Now, it seems like a high priced, low stocked, ghost town.  Used to be 100s online at once, just checked- 24 on the site right now.  15 members, 9 "guests."  Effing dems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top