Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2021 4:24:30 PM EDT
Just to confirm this:

The one handgun every thirty day rules do not apply to Concealed Permit Holders?   And also private party transactions?
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 4:36:19 PM EDT
[#1]
As I understand that stupid fucking law, yes. CHL gets you out of the 1 HG per month rule.
I'm not 100% on the now stupid fucking UBC law pertaining to Private sales, but I don't believe the 1 HG per month applies to that.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just to confirm this:

The one handgun every thirty day rules do not apply to Concealed Permit Holders?   And also private party transactions?
View Quote

Can't say anything about private party, but as a guy who bought two handguns with a CHP, I can confirm CHP holders are exempt.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#3]
You may want to call the State Police and ask, but I believe if you are 18-20 years old, Virginia Courts issued an injunction preventing it from being enforced for anyone ages 18-20. So if you are in that age range, you can buy as many as you want but you do have to follow the UBC laws for private sales.

But as a CHP holder, I did manage to buy a couple of pistols earlier this year.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:37:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:46:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Correct, 30 day rule applies to all handgun sales, private sale included. CHP negates that. Honestly, private sales really don't exist anymore since everything has to go through a dealer.
View Quote

Okay so CHP allows more than one handgun purchase a month (new handguns or ones purchased from a dealer).  But if I do a private party sale (transfer through an FFL) of more than one handgun to an individual they must have a CHP?  

These are the exemptions I got at Virginia.gov for the 30 day rule.  

h. A person who holds a valid Virginia permit to carry a concealed handgun;

i. A person who purchases a handgun in a private sale. For purposes of this subdivision, "private sale" means a purchase from a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection of curios or relics or who sells all or part of such collection of curios and relics; or

Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:39:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting, wasn't aware of that part of the code. Sounds good to me.
View Quote

That is how I read it but who knows you need a law degree to get through all of the hurdles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top