Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2021 7:51:00 AM EDT
From the VCDL:

"Roanoke City Council to consider sweeping local gun-control on March 15!

It was like pulling teeth, but Maynard Keller got a copy of the proposed local gun-control ordinance for Roanoke City Council.  It's every bit as bad as I was expecting and pretty much lines up with localities like Alexandria and Winchester.  It bans possession, carrying, or transport of firearms, ammunition, or components thereof in City buildings, parks, and recreation and community centers.  It doesn't ban guns at permitted events, however.  It also allows guns at the Bergland Center, but only when a gun show is being held there.  There are no exceptions for CHP holders.  A violation would be a Class 1 misdemeanor (up to 12 months in jail and/or up to a $2,500 fine).

The public hearing for the proposed ordinance is Monday, March 15, at 7:00 p.m. Citizens must preregister to call in via Zoom.  The deadline to register is noon, Monday.  Let's pack this meeting with speakers!"

We already know that Mayor Sherman Lea doesn't give a damn what gun owners opinions are.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#1]
It's very doubtful that they'll change. However you got the power to vote. You'll have to convince those who are there not to give up and to hit the polls. A lot of the people showing up don't believe their votes count and don't vote. I'm nearly one of those people myself and can totally understand their feeling of powerlessness. They need to vote anyway, no matter how painful it is or how much they feel their voices aren't heard.

Remember the reason groups like Moms Demand get so much power is that 1) they're paying these politicians with money from billionaires, and 2) they're organized, and 3) they know they're outnumbered but smart enough to sway things their way by just a very, very small number that is letting them win (sometimes in the margin of just 20 people). We can beat them. We just need to get people to get out and vote.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 11:33:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Roanoke is a liberal shithole that has hated guns for as long as I can remember. They will pass some kind of antigun crap.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Roanoke is a liberal shithole that has hated guns for as long as I can remember. They will pass some kind of antigun crap.
View Quote

Lea said his mind was made up before any public input during the 2a sanctuary movement. He and the rest of the Libs on the council don't give a shit what gun owners want and "shall not infringe" doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if Safeside will try and throw some weight around.
I haven't been to Roanoke in years, try and stay away.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#7]
roanoke is fucking trash.

My oma is buried there. The county is ok but the city is 80% left leaning welfare pine riding garbage. It's a disgusting fucking dump with ZERO redeeming quality. None, and I am glad I left 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 6:07:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top