Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2021 5:26:54 PM EDT
Anyone know where to shoot steel for handguns and some long gun stuff in Northern Virginia area? I'm looking to get my son out and do some shooting.  Don't mind travelling a bit to do it but I would prefer to not travel 4 hours away.  Not sure if there is anywhere we can do that around but let me know if you guys know of anywhere.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 5:48:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess it depends on what you call NOVA.

The quick answer is no, there is no place you can shoot steel outside.

There maybe somebody with private property and a private range on their property with a couple of steel targets set up somewhere in the outer counties but nothing open to the public that I am aware of.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#2]
You can try The Cove campground in Gore.
Not certain if they have steel or if it’s byob, but if you bring your own I’m almost certain you can shoot it.

Their long distance rifle range has steel targets they supply. I’d check with them first what the rules are for that one. Don’t know if they allow pistol on it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:18:17 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have your own targets you can take them to 340Defense near Berryville.  You need to pay for a membership though.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:10:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:38:34 AM EDT
[#5]
If Charlottesville isn't too far to go, the Rivanna Rifle & Pistol Club (RRPC) has a dedicated Steel Target Pistol/Rimfire range, and multiple steel targets on our 300 yard rifle range.  Members are allowed to bring their own steel targets (caliber appropriate, downward deflecting) and use them our 100 yard rifle and 50 yard plinking ranges.

Yes, you have to be a member or a guest of a member to shoot here, and our current dues are $120.00/year.

If you would like to come and see what we offer, let me know and I'll arrange a tour. That offer is open to anyone on ARFCOM.

To be fully transparent here - I am the current President of RRPC.

Stay safe,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies everyone, I appreciate them. I am in Loudoun county and I am willing to drive a few hours if I have to, obviously I would rather be as close as possible.  I will look into the suggestions thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Check the Cove - I believe they have steel on their long range rifle but not anything for pistol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top