Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Boy, with these Antifa types, it’s hard to tell the men from the women and the women from the men.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:44:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:35:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I do agree that it is hard to tell if that person is a male or female. Probably very against using "pronouns."

I never quite understood how someone could get so lost in life that they have to focus in on political agendas. The fact is Trump is out of office and now their hero, Joey Biden is in office. Shouldn't they be focused on persuading Biden to push their agenda rather than focusing on the past? I'm watching CNN, and even Fox, they both seem to be hell bent on this DC riot. So much so that they cannot even mention Biden or what he is or isn't doing. Congress thinks the most important thing right now is impeaching Trump or punishing Trump rather than their focus on fixing up the economy or helping the so-called people. Joey meanwhile is hell bent on making sure illegals get to come into this country, so much so that on the first day, and I believe his first executive order, centers around this. He believes that is far more important than helping out the coronavirus or fixing up any sort of other issues.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do agree that it is hard to tell if that person is a male or female. Probably very against using "pronouns."

I never quite understood how someone could get so lost in life that they have to focus in on political agendas. The fact is Trump is out of office and now their hero, Joey Biden is in office. Shouldn't they be focused on persuading Biden to push their agenda rather than focusing on the past? I'm watching CNN, and even Fox, they both seem to be hell bent on this DC riot. So much so that they cannot even mention Biden or what he is or isn't doing. Congress thinks the most important thing right now is impeaching Trump or punishing Trump rather than their focus on fixing up the economy or helping the so-called people. Joey meanwhile is hell bent on making sure illegals get to come into this country, so much so that on the first day, and I believe his first executive order, centers around this. He believes that is far more important than helping out the coronavirus or fixing up any sort of other issues.
View Quote

Humans are truthfully very tribal in nature. And mostly emotional. They only need some kind of justification to pick a side and start fighting with whoever they are against. Young humans are particularly eager to find something to fight against in order to be part of something bigger than themselves, to make a difference. The media has used the current situation to name trump supporters as the exact people who are trying to take the country in a dark direction, lots of people have bought into it. Now both sides believe themselves to be the ones on the right path, and the other side to be the dangerous group that is trying to change the country into something bad.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:19:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I wish they would stop by to sell me some antifa cookies...
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:30:22 PM EDT
[#6]
In Madison?  That’s crazy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:10:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Humans are truthfully very tribal in nature. And mostly emotional. They only need some kind of justification to pick a side and start fighting with whoever they are against. Young humans are particularly eager to find something to fight against in order to be part of something bigger than themselves, to make a difference. The media has used the current situation to name trump supporters as the exact people who are trying to take the country in a dark direction, lots of people have bought into it. Now both sides believe themselves to be the ones on the right path, and the other side to be the dangerous group that is trying to change the country into something bad.

View Quote

I think CNN and Fox are more to blame about the division of our country more so than anything else that is going on. I turn on CNN last night and the first thing that pops up is videos of Trump talking about the coronavirus and how it won't be serious and CNN makes it out like 500k are now dead. They keep bringing up Trump despite the fact they say they're about unity of this country. They keep trying to demonize Trump and his supporters. On the flip side you go to Fox News and all you see the same stuff about Trump. I notice both networks have a goal to make you feel like you should do something about it. CNN tells people to hate, hate, hate, and Fox tells people to hate, hate, hate.

While I have my own political opinions, I feel like these news organizations don't really portray anyone except on the extreme ends of the politics and I feel like CNN and Fox both cater to mentally unstable people like the one in the OP who will feel obligated that they have to go outside and actually "do" the things their news network told them to do. Feel the way they say they should feel.

I think the protesters went to the wrong place. They should instead be going after these "news" organizations and tell them they want unbiased news back.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 3:03:41 PM EDT
[#8]
^^^This

After yellow journalism led us into an unnecessary war with Spain, Journalists agreed to adopt a code of impartiality. They need to return to that.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
                                                                       --George Santayana
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 1:03:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Somebody knows this guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top