Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2021 8:42:39 PM EDT
Anybody know of a place to get good New York style bagels in Northern Virginia?   I figured they'd be all over the place but I was mistaken.  I've found some decent New York style pizza places, but no bagels

Thanks!

PS: I'm not from New York but respect them for having the best Pizza and Bagels.  As Texas has the best BBQ.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.chewishdeli.com/
Don’t know if truly New York style but tasty
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:59:33 PM EDT
[#2]
No.  There is a place in Tyson's that is supposedly good, but I went there not long ago and it didn't blow my hair back.  I just got Einstein.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Never found anything in NOVA, but we love Cupertinos in Richmond if anyone is in the area.  Both the wife and I came from NY.   Pizza and bagels are the 2 things we miss.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:39:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Not really. However, the bagels from Wagman’s bakery aren’t bad.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:47:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea there aren't any that I've found but the ones at Wegman's are acceptable in a pinch
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:52:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Where in NOVA?

Bagel Cafe in Herndon.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.chewishdeli.com/
Don’t know if truly New York style but tasty
View Quote

2nd vote for Chewish Deli in Alexandria. It started as a food truck and opened the brick and mortar location fairly recently. Check the webpage or facebook site for hours though. He is having supply issues so isn't open all the time and always sells out. Its best to pre-order.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#8]
You could try Chutzpah Deli in Fairfax. It’s on West Ox Road in the same shopping center as Safeway.
I’m not a huge bagel fan, but the rest of their breakfasts are really good and they have that Jewish New York deli vibe.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:43:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Bagel Buddies in Fairlakes is pretty good.

Chutzpah is - but much shorter list of options.

There used to be a good bagel place in the Bradley Shopping Center in Alexandria.

-shooter
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Main Street Bagel right outside of Fairfax City isn't too bad.

http://www.mainstreetbageldeli.com/
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Tyson Corner Bagel market is GTG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top