Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2021 10:54:21 PM EDT
I know there are a lot of shops in the area that do in store consignments, but is there any that would put your firearms on auction sites like gun broker for a fee. I don't want to deal with listing, packing, shipping. etc. preferably one that also does nfa items. I know about places like Rock Island & Morphy but once again I would have to pack & ship to them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I THINK GFR in Fredericksburg does, but I'm not 100% sure.

ETA: I missed it was a NFA item, I don't think GFR can do NFA.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:05:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:45:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I know there are a lot of shops in the area that do in store consignments, but is there any that would put your firearms on auction sites like gun broker for a fee. I don't want to deal with listing, packing, shipping. etc. preferably one that also does nfa items. I know about places like Rock Island & Morphy but once again I would have to pack & ship to them.
View Quote

where are you in VA?

I'm a FFL/SOT that has brokered NFA items before,

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe Vienna Arsenal?

I've been at the post office before when they're shipping out a cart full of boxed up guns, and it sounded like it wasn't the first time they had done so.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:57:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for help. A lot of good ideas here that I will investigate. Many say put them on Gun Broker myself .the issue is I just don't have the time & know how(old bommer). I work crazy hours and don't want to spend my off time trying to watch my auctions and also be able to pack & ship in a timely matter. I have been putting some of my stuff on consignment locally. But feel some of the more unusual/higher end stuff would do better with a larger audience. I only have a few nfa items that I am gonna sell. I am in the Fredericksburg, Spotys. area for those that have asked.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:08:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Purcell's Custom Firearms in Orange can sell on Gunbroker for you. They can also deal with the class 3 stuff. I've bought and sold there on a few occasions and have been happy with the whole process.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:29:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe Vienna Arsenal?

I've been at the post office before when they're shipping out a cart full of boxed up guns, and it sounded like it wasn't the first time they had done so.
View Quote
They do Gunbroker auctions and consignments.  They also buy a lot of inventory to sell directly.  Worth a call to see if they would consign an auction.  I don't think they do class III although last time I asked (probably a year ago) they indicated that may be changing.

I will say, for anything class III there is nobody that makes it easier than Hansohn Brothers.  It's easier to do a form 4 with them than it is to do a standard transfer at many other gun shops.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top