Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2021 2:10:46 PM EDT
Do we have a Discord group set up yet for VA?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discord recently killed all the American Contingency channels for being a hate group or something.

I’m assuming it might be risky/waste of time to start one...just my .02.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:22:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep. I was part of that group. I’m on the unofficial Arf Discord but wondering about a backup point of contact. You could do it in Locals also but the format is lacking IMO.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:27:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, Locals is awful.

Slack is similar to a Discord. A couple groups I belong to use that. No issues so far.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 6:24:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Discord recently killed all the American Contingency channels for being a hate group or something.

I’m assuming it might be risky/waste of time to start one...just my .02.
View Quote

How did that happen - did someone infiltrate and report it?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#5]
In .
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How did that happen - did someone infiltrate and report it?
View Quote

I’m assuming because the were coordinating training, comms, and preparedness someone got scared. Some publication came out with a list and had AMCON listed in the top five “right-wing” groups
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:54:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, we can start a VA HTF "gaming" discord.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:44:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone want to try a Mumble voice chat over Tor? Might be pretty bad.... but I'm kind of wanting to get more comms happening over the dark web. Too easy to shut down DNS and hosting, as we've seen, when IPs are visible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top