Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2020 7:17:47 PM EDT
A LGS got in around 180 estate guns and most were S&W, Ruger revolvers both SA/DA with a few Colt 1911s, and les Bears tossed in. Long guns were mostly .22s of different flavors, most were in right nice shape. Several .mil .22 target rifles in the lot. A couple 39A Marlins.

Most are priced on the high end of things (consignment) but not too awful bad. No wiggle room on the prices (consignment) but they got in stuff I have not seen for a good long while.

Middletown Firearms, Middletown Virginia if anyone is close, well worth the come-and-look-see.....I picked-up a decent S&W Model 18 K22 Combat Masterpiece there today.

Disclaimer....I don't have anything to do with the LGS but being a customer. They are good folks, just spreading the word.

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 8:46:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Never ventured that far North, now I have to see where all these sweet deals come from....
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Dammit!  Was just in Winchester last week, and had no idea that shop was there.  Gonna have to take a ride now.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the heads up, Middletown gun shop is GTG. BBQ joint is just off I-66.    I heard Nana's Irish pub is good too.

shaffers BBQ

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Nana's is closed.  The BBQ place is GTG - as for the guns, there's tons of .22s, including more than one Kimber 82 Governments, and a pile of revolvers, to include two nice Colt SAAs.  Prices seemed on the high side.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nana's is closed.  The BBQ place is GTG - as for the guns, there's tons of .22s, including more than one Kimber 82 Governments, and a pile of revolvers, to include two nice Colt SAAs.  Prices seemed on the high side.
View Quote

I thought they were high on the SAAs and Les Bears but the consignor set the prices, not the shop. The S&W Model 18 I bought yesterday was priced about $200 under what they go for in like condition on GunPorker.

I went back to the well this morning and bought a H&R 12 US match rifle and a '43 Remington 513T US trainer. The M12 looks new. I passed on the Kimbers. Nice rifles and all but they just don't move me.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/2/2021 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Middletown Firearms, Middletown Virginia if anyone is close, well worth the come-and-look-see.....I picked-up a decent S&W Model 18 K22 Combat Masterpiece there today.

Disclaimer....I don't have anything to do with the LGS but being a customer. They are good folks, just spreading the word.

View Quote

Was at this shop last winter when I was dropping off my Northem KKK/Blackface signs - they loved it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Picked up a very nice T/C Hawken .50 cal there today, almost like new. I just glanced at the pistols, since buying one as a non-resident is a PITA. Saw the rack of .22 rifles, nothing caught my eye. They did have some ammo on the shelves and they were busy.

Then off the Ace Hardware where I did not find any lead bullets or balls for it. I did get some No. 11 caps there. I have some saboted bullets from my inline, but they might not shoot well out of this gun. I will see next week when I sight it in for the WV primitive weapon season.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:19:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link to auction site?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Not an auction. Gun store with consignment sale.

Middletown Firearms
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:59:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Picked up a very nice T/C Hawken .50 cal there today, almost like new. I just glanced at the pistols, since buying one as a non-resident is a PITA. Saw the rack of .22 rifles, nothing caught my eye. They did have some ammo on the shelves and they were busy.

Then off the Ace Hardware where I did not find any lead bullets or balls for it. I did get some No. 11 caps there. I have some saboted bullets from my inline, but they might not shoot well out of this gun. I will see next week when I sight it in for the WV primitive weapon season.
View Quote

@Soot4Brains

LOL....If it was the one with the fancy checkered stock it was mine. I found it at a estate sale a few blocks over from my house a couple of weeks back and used it as trade fodder on a S&W Model 18 that I got there. It was a very nice T/C.

In addition to the target rifles I've acquired four pinned S&Ws, a Marlin .357 Carbine, A Marlin "Mountie" .22, and a 90s era Colt 9mm Carbine.

The .357 Carbine and Colt Carbine were not part of the estate consignments but were trade-ins for some of the estate guns so the trade-in "pot" grows as the estate "pot" gets smaller.  

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:45:40 AM EDT
[#12]
No, not yours. It is almost like new T/C Hawken, and not built from a kit. Zero scratches on wood stock, but there is some indications around nipple that it had been fired, then cleaned. $250 out the door. There were 4 other blackpowder rifles on that rack, including one cheap inline that just looked sad, but functional.

First time I've ever been in there. Cant believe I've driven thru that intersection many times and never stopped in. The barrel of .308 tracers was impressive!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:00:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No, not yours. It is almost like new T/C Hawken, and not built from a kit. Zero scratches on wood stock, but there is some indications around nipple that it had been fired, then cleaned. $250 out the door. There were 4 other blackpowder rifles on that rack, including one cheap inline that just looked sad, but functional.

First time I've ever been in there. Cant believe I've driven thru that intersection many times and never stopped in. The barrel of .308 tracers was impressive!
View Quote

OK, I thought they had sold that one.....It was part of a smaller estate buy, most of that guy's stuff was unfired. I picked up a unfired 1984 Marlin 1894 in .44 mag out of that lot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top