Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2020 1:24:23 AM EDT
Looking for private land to shoot on between Woodbridge and Harrisonburg. At most I'd visit once every 2-3 months, likely for no more than 2-3 hours. I'm a good steward, will leave areas clean and gates the way they were found.

Will pay $200 per trip.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:38:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking for private land to shoot on between Woodbridge and Harrisonburg. At most I'd visit once every 2-3 months, likely for no more than 2-3 hours. I'm a good steward, will leave areas clean and gates the way they were found.

Will pay $200 per trip.
View Quote

My cousin has 12 acres near Sperryville that may suit your needs. I'll call him later today. If he's interested I can have him contact you.

How many people will be shooting with you? What types of weapons will you be shooting?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My cousin has 12 acres near Sperryville that may suit your needs. I'll call him later today. If he's interested I can have him contact you.

How many people will be shooting with you? What types of weapons will you be shooting?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will pay $200 per trip.

Just talked to my cousin. His property is right on the edge of the mountains and borders Shenandoah National Park. He says that he doesn't have enough level ground for a shooting range.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Just talked to my cousin. His property is right on the edge of the mountains and borders Shenandoah National Park. He says that he doesn't have enough level ground for a shooting range.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will pay $200 per trip.

No place to shoot from hill to hill?
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

The property has a gentle slope from the road to the house, then tilts upward fairly uniformly, gaining about 400 feet elevation from the road to the back edge of the property. No "hills" so to speak. Just sloping ground.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 2:17:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Appreciate you trying; thanks! Thats a great location!
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The property has a gentle slope from the road to the house, then tilts upward fairly uniformly, gaining about 400 feet elevation from the road to the back edge of the property. No "hills" so to speak. Just sloping ground.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like enough hill to use as a berm.
Flat is not really all that required.
Just places of equal elevation for shooting and targets at the desired distance.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Try Outdoor Access:  https://outdooraccess.com/#/listing/617
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Range 233 is a public fireams range being built into the base of mountain in Greene County.  The owner, Walt is great guy and a USN SEAL, and will be offering trainings, especially stuff geared toward family defense.

https://dailyprogress.com/community/greenenews/news/gun-range-plans-move-forward-with-possible-site/article_b1b5c6f2-55b5-11eb-a9ce-7f2d8e7bbd9d.html?fbclid=IwAR2Xigb6Fyrvw0Ub9kpIAXzS1XXwJfT7mKrYsihnvwYI7wV9tO1GQVag15Q
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#9]
C.F. Phelps WMA
Sighting-In Range

https://dwr.virginia.gov/wma/cf-phelps/

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

C.F. Phelps WMA
Sighting-In Range

https://dwr.virginia.gov/wma/cf-phelps/

View Quote

Unfortunately it’s only open during the winter and no handguns unless they are scoped. Normally not super busy, but it can get dicey around the beginning of the firearm hunting seasons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top