Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/4/2020 6:51:19 PM EDT
Are there plans for a big showing on Lobby Day 2021?  

I know it’s several months out, but I like to plan ahead .
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#1]
In for more info.

This year will be a real test of will. I’m perplexed on what to do. Lots of factors.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 9:20:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep doing what we've always done, or the crooks win the narrative and keep plowing through our rights. LE needs to be in the forefront with us.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 11:08:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Keep doing what we've always done, or the crooks win the narrative and keep plowing through our rights. LE needs to be in the forefront with us.
View Quote

What have we always done?

Last year we formed up in mass while in full kit.

Previous to that, Lobby Day was dudes showing up in suits to protest and lobby the General Assembly.

And now we are where we are at.

LD21 will involve breaking a Richmond ordinance of no guns.

I’m open to ideas, but feeling pessimistic. I need a hug.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 9:35:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, it will be a big showing. The election is pulling all of the air out of the room. Once it is over, other things will take priority.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 9:46:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 11:53:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Tropical prints or mismatched camo?
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hula hoops and grass skirts for the Big Luau.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 3:09:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What have we always done?

Last year we formed up in mass while in full kit.

Previous to that, Lobby Day was dudes showing up in suits to protest and lobby the General Assembly.

And now we are where we are at.

LD21 will involve breaking a Richmond ordinance of no guns.

I’m open to ideas, but feeling pessimistic. I need a hug.
View Quote

Opens response with 8 sec hug......no reach around

We always attend Lobby Day armed.  Until last January it never seemed necessary to gear up. What does giving up daily personal protection for the very cause of personal protection/2A with politicians that aren't listening anyway convey to the antis?

My gut feeling is Richmond is going to ensure that it's not peaceful, they set the trap in the Pocahontas Building, but VCDL was disciplined; next time they control the activation and will have a sadistic and measured response.  Since the media and municipality are stacked against truth/Constitution/us and the GA is ignoring all the former, I believe we need to organize where we can be heard and not in their palm.  

Regardless we should apply as "The Real NFAC", they can fuck up every time and still get the carpet rolled out. If race is as bad as the Dems make it out to be then "Coonman" has to be up for removal......remind them.

Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:13:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you want to end an empire and trigger everyone, Nike Swooshes and Kaepernick Jerseys.

On the meeting, the challenges mentioned will make the tone different, and the entire environment more hostile to us.

The no-gun city ordnance is a misdemeanor, but could carry 12 months jail / $2,500 fine.
Like last year, parking facilities will be likely closed to us.
Due to COVID, and the anti gun push, Hotels and restaurants may be less accommodating to us.

The direction of the election, post election civil unrest, and other factors are also at play.

Four things that will also impact attendance:

1. What legislation is on the agenda to protest this year.
2. How much interest is shown on this forum and other social media outlets ahead of time.
3. If we will be armed despite the ordnance, increasing the stakes.
4. The perceived chance of conflict with Antifa/BLM.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:22:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If you want to end an empire and trigger everyone, Nike Swooshes and Kaepernick Jerseys.

On the meeting, the challenges mentioned will make the tone different, and the entire environment more hostile to us.

The no-gun city ordnance is a misdemeanor, but could carry 12 months jail / $2,500 fine.
Like last year, parking facilities will be likely closed to us.
Due to COVID, and the anti gun push, Hotels and restaurants may be less accommodating to us.

The direction of the election, post election civil unrest, and other factors are also at play.

Four things that will also impact attendance:

1. What legislation is on the agenda to protest this year.
2. How much interest is shown on this forum and other social media outlets ahead of time.
3. If we will be armed despite the ordnance, increasing the stakes.
4. The perceived chance of conflict with Antifa/BLM.
View Quote

I can say with some certainty that whatever was known publicly, because it was discussed on a public forum, was used against us.

In the time since LD20, many people outside this community have come to realize how important the 2a really is, and we need to see what we can do to carry forward that momentum.

If a response is provoked, we're all felons, instantly. That's their plan, so everyone needs both a personal, and a group contingency plan for it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I can say with some certainty that whatever was known publicly, because it was discussed on a public forum, was used against us.

In the time since LD20, many people outside this community have come to realize how important the 2a really is, and we need to see what we can do to carry forward that momentum.

If a response is provoked, we're all felons, instantly. That's their plan, so everyone needs both a personal, and a group contingency plan for it.
View Quote

That's a hell of a catch 22.  We have to have a lot of people... but on the flip side, planning needs to be RSVP level.  Great point.  Bad situation to have to be in.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's a hell of a catch 22.  We have to have a lot of people... but on the flip side, planning needs to be RSVP level.  Great point.  Bad situation to have to be in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Expect:

1. More provocations.

2. More stick-it-to-you inconveniences.

3. Their intel to be even better this time.

4. The drumming of the fear drums, the "call your friends and tell them not to go" either because it's dangerous or because "we the NRA had our lobby day before"

5. You'll be called every name in the books, vehicles vandalized, and the businesses that supported us (and benefited from our spending) last year getting doxxed.

We still must go. We must take counter-measures. And we must be prepared should the consequences they wish for become reality.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 7:05:20 AM EDT
[#13]
They won't take you seriously until artillery is involved.
Just sayin'.....
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Came looking for info for next year. Was planning to put together another PA contingent for 2021.

Are we planning another blow out? This is the only thread I could find discussing this..., seems like we should be discussing it more.

What has changed since January as far as out of staters carrying?
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Short answer is YES ....Stay tuned.
Our governor is playing games and plans are in progress. Lobby Day will happen-- devil's in the details and they just aren't available.... yet.
In the mean time, Please do try to get as much interest on your end as possible. Virginians really do need you guys with us!
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Just keep in mind that any comms here are closely monitored, and they have showed their willingness to monitor and invent last-minute inconveniences for us. So this time the planning ought to keep a lower profile.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just keep in mind that any comms here are closely monitored, and they have showed their willingness to monitor and invent last-minute inconveniences for us. So this time the planning ought to keep a lower profile.
View Quote

My group has a private space for such planning, where we'll be planning our support of this. Yinz'r free to use it if needed. At some point I'll need relevant details.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Bump to the top. Lobby day is coming.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 1:34:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
In for more info.

This year will be a real test of will. I’m perplexed on what to do. Lots of factors.
View Quote

I'm not. I'll be there with bail money..
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 10:05:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Yall brining your battle rattle? Or you gonna get some disposable airsoft gear and bear-creek for the photos?
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#23]
bump again.. Should get a daily bump..
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 11:01:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Booked my hotel for 6 blocks from lobby day.

Got room to split with another if in need.

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/ricrdhh-hilton-richmond-downtown/?SEO_id=GMB-HH-RICRDHH&y_source=1_MjA4NDM1OS03MTUtbG9jYXRpb24uZ29vZ2xlX3dlYnNpdGVfb3ZlcnJpZGU%3D

501 East Broad Street
Richmond, Virginia 23219, USA
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:39:24 AM EDT
[#25]
OST
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#26]
bumpity bump to the top.. I expect this thread gets more traction as we get father away from the election
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#27]
very interested to see what the atmosphere will be leading up to lobby day,

last year I went with the assumption I might die, and no I'm not being facetious.

I am much better prepared gear wise after the learning experience that day along with the hikes afterwards. my load out has changed quite a bit.

Link Posted: 11/8/2020 9:32:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
very interested to see what the atmosphere will be leading up to lobby day,

last year I went with the assumption I might die, and no I'm not being facetious.

I am much better prepared gear wise after the learning experience that day along with the hikes afterwards. my load out has changed quite a bit.

View Quote

Ha! I was honestly a little unsettled about going too but the speakers at the get together the night before instilled confidence and had a plan.

I’m better prepared gearwise as well, but I need to start hiking. The HR VBB group is MIA
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 9:35:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ha! I was honestly a little unsettled about going too but the speakers at the get together the night before instilled confidence and had a plan.

I’m better prepared gearwise as well, but I need to start hiking. The HR VBB group is MIA
View Quote

I was, and am, in the same boat.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 11:13:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's still some of us here.  Due to seeming lack of interest from members here, connections were made with outside people (that I met at 2020 lobby day of all places because I couldn't get any info on falling in with the BB), and now it has kinda morphed.  I would be absolutely thrilled to have a real APC/BB group here, but none of the 3-4 of us still kicking around from the original idea can captain it.  PM me if you want in on the unnamed hybrid thing, and I'll try to make sure we update the thread when there's a BB style hike planned, but that's never gotten any attention so far.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Unless something happens, I am booked to be there.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 1:55:53 PM EDT
[#32]
What are the odds antifa/BLM show up in mass like they did in DC yesterday?

Link Posted: 11/15/2020 5:13:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What are the odds antifa/BLM show up in mass like they did in DC yesterday?

View Quote

Come prepared to deal with any and all threats
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 7:48:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Ditto! Be prepared for anything.
Including false flag tactics like the guys dropping spent shell casings on the street and photographing them or any other tactics to sucker us into looking bad.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 8:15:23 AM EDT
[#35]
I hear that Richmond put a no carry ordnance like Alexandria and others did. Is that true? And if so is this the year for a real civil disobedience test?
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:09:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Much like last year, there are posters in the HTF that are active in the Dem meetings and pretending to be us.  Countermeasures are formed based on what they glean here.  

FWIW, most think Lobby Day 2020 went without a hitch, not true......a friend's 17 yr old son got KOed and had a concussion from an early morning ANTIFA strike.  They soon went into coward mode when they saw how formidable and organized average citizens were.  Understand that these cowards have been emboldened by the radical Left and media and they WILL be planning to disrupt anything contrary to their fucked up world view.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#37]
The media made it seem like we were heading into a death machine.  Other than the Gov't snipers on the roof me and my 3 boys 12-8 didn't feel any less safe than the prior year.  No bad players showed up.  This year may be a change for that but...when men with guns show up it seems keep the rif raf away.  Rittenhouse scenarios may change  that dynamic.  it was nice to be boxed in by the Militia's and the road closures with dump trucks seemed to work.  the Delegates that wouldn't show up due to fear made lobbying less useful.  Plus the Dems had their plan and could not be swayed from it.  Amanda Chase was awesome!!!
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I hear that Richmond put a no carry ordnance like Alexandria and others did. Is that true? And if so is this the year for a real civil disobedience test?
View Quote

"Kind of" would be that answer.

But realize they'll work to change the rules at the last minute, so we can't talk about that here.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#39]
I can almost guarantee that the governor will try to enforce some Covid restrictions that won’t apply to thousands “rallying” around the Lee Statue on the Boulevard but will be enforced with force on us

I say if that happens we get a convoy and just drive around the downtown area the whole damn day with loudspeakers
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I can almost guarantee that the governor will try to enforce some Covid restrictions that won’t apply to thousands “rallying” around the Lee Statue on the Boulevard but will be enforced with force on us

I say if that happens we get a convoy and just drive around the downtown area the whole damn day with loudspeakers
View Quote

Last year proved that the largest group of armed citizens in recorded history could desecend on a crooked government, make our statement, maintain peace and go home unsetteled......that is it.  Trying to repeat this accomplishes what?  The Dems aren't listening, infact they are going totally fascist and will keep digging their heel on your neck.  We didn't set the slumber party trap in the Pocohontas Building in January, they will ensure there is an event this time and you will not overcome the response and they media that have planned against you.  We have to get creative, a mission with no objective is really stupid.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 4:18:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Tagged. I’ll be there.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#42]
This year's house session will be virtual and remote.  Senate hasn't announced their plans yet.

It's not likely that there will be any one there to lobby.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:41:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

"Kind of" would be that answer.

But realize they'll work to change the rules at the last minute, so we can't talk about that here.
View Quote

Understood. Will try and make a hike soon
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 12:29:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Carpangler, I appreciate your thoughts on this years lobby day. I'll be there again, feeling the same.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
This year's house session will be virtual and remote.  Senate hasn't announced their plans yet.

It's not likely that there will be any one there to lobby.
View Quote

This is going to be the issue.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

How so?  We were shunned by Dems 2 yrs ago and met with a vengeance last January.  The idea of lobbying is sadly gone.  I'll ask again, what is the objective?????
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

How so?  We were shunned by Dems 2 yrs ago and met with a vengeance last January.  The idea of lobbying is sadly gone.  I'll ask again, what is the objective?????
View Quote

Electing local militia officers and creating regional reaction plans? Nominating local leaders for further lobbying?

All kidding aside, there are some people that online doesn't reach, and many who are unconnected/unaware of other 2nd amendment advocates outside of their local groups of friends. A statewide meeting with speakers that discuss how best to address options for certain government escalation levels, and regional/multi county breakdowns & meet and greets might be beneficial.
No government presence means that meeting in a more favorable location than Richmond might be possible (and beneficial to a local government worth receiving our dollars).
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's been on my mind as well.  I went down 3 times before lobby day; once for the NRA day, once by myself and once with a small group led by a lawyer experienced in lobbying in Richmond.

Got the brush off each time.  Cancelled meetings.  Marsden gave me and one guy in the hallway a walk and talk to the elevator; he was looking at his phone the entire time.

And we weren't the only groups cooling our heels in the lobby.  I had some very nice conversations with some VA based leftists who were getting shut out as well. Which made me wonder who was being listened to.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 12:57:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Electing local militia officers and creating regional reaction plans? Nominating local leaders for further lobbying?

All kidding aside, there are some people that online doesn't reach, and many who are unconnected/unaware of other 2nd amendment advocates outside of their local groups of friends. A statewide meeting with speakers that discuss how best to address options for certain government escalation levels, and regional/multi county breakdowns & meet and greets might be beneficial.
No government presence means that meeting in a more favorable location than Richmond might be possible (and beneficial to a local government worth receiving our dollars).
View Quote

This is currently where my head is at too. Without the lobbying, why even bother with the clusterfuck Richmond is staging for us. Why not make it a festival somewhere friendly, since that’s all it really is anyway. A place to connect with fellow gun owners. What about the county where the sheriff said he would deputize everyone (Highland County, maybe?). Set up a huge event, set up a gun a show, have a rally, etc.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 1:23:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This is currently where my head is at too. Without the lobbying, why even bother with the clusterfuck Richmond is staging for us. Why not make it a festival somewhere friendly, since that’s all it really is anyway. A place to connect with fellow gun owners. What about the county where the sheriff said he would deputize everyone (Highland County, maybe?). Set up a huge event, set up a gun a show, have a rally, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or have a simple rally on 1/20... right in the middle of  I395 near Long bridge Park.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top