Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2014 11:22:09 PM EDT
Didn't see a thread and its about 5 weeks away.  In light of Governor's proposed agenda, F-burg buyback, etc. need to send a message to the GA.

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:11:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Any specific senators or delegates I should write/hound over the next few weeks to get them to draft a bill requiring a hard plastic CHP be issued by the county/city circuit courts?  This POS of paper that Fairfax gives out is stupid.  

And no, I won't laminate the damned thing.  I want it to be provided in a hard plastic form, the size of a standard drivers license or credit card.

rant off
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:42:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any specific senators or delegates I should write/hound over the next few weeks to get them to draft a bill requiring a hard plastic CHP be issued by the county/city circuit courts?  This POS of paper that Fairfax gives out is stupid.  

And no, I won't laminate the damned thing.  I want it to be provided in a hard plastic form, the size of a standard drivers license or credit card.

rant off
View Quote

Any links to McAuliffe's agenda?  (Yes, I know what lurks in his heart.  But is there anything published regarding legislation he is looking at pushing?)
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:51:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Check the post regarding McAwful's proposed gun legislation.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:36:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

We can make this the official thread.
View Quote

Do it!!

And, +1 to Costanza's post...  it seems like they use paper wears out really quickly.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

rant off
View Quote

Our effort should be spent on getting rid of the concept of "permits" altogether, not making permits better or more permanent.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#7]

VCDL will also be doing buses this year:

Not yet a VCDL member? Join VCDL at: http://www.vcdl.org/join
----------------------------------------------------------------------
VCDL's meeting schedule: http://www.vcdl.org/meetings
Abbreviations used in VA-ALERT: http://www.vcdl.org/help/abbr.html

When making a reservation for a bus seat on January 19th, I forgot to ask you to also indicate at which locality (Fairfax, Roanoke, Virginia Beach, Charlottesville, Lynchburg, or Harrisonburg) you will be catching the bus.

So once again:

Here is the cities where there will be pickup/drop off points for the buses (approximate pickup/drop off times in parenthesis):

Charlottesville (6:15 AM / 4 PM)
Fairfax County (6 AM / 4 PM)
Harrisonburg (6 AM / 4:15 PM)
Lynchburg (5 AM/ 5:30 PM)
Roanoke  (4 AM / 5:10 PM)
Virginia Beach (6 AM / 4 PM)

The exact location of each pickup/drop off point will be announced in a future update.

Each bus holds 55 passengers and we are taking reservations for seats now - first come, first serve.

The cost is $25 per seat for VCDL members and their party and $30 per seat for non-members and their party.  We will also gratefully accept additional contributions to help defray the rest of the cost for the buses (which is actually around $32 per seat)..

To make your reservation, send an email to:  [email protected]

Include the following information in the email:

1.  The locality where you will be catching the bus

2.  The number in your party

3.  For each member of your party, include:

a.  Their full name
b.  Their email address (if they have one)
c.  Their cell phone number (if none, then their home phone)

ONCE YOU HAVE GOTTEN A CONFIRMATION THAT YOUR SEATS ARE RESERVED, then you can pay for your seats by clicking here:

https://mobipledge.mobi/vcdl/webpledge/

(You can pay for all the seats with one payment and, again, you can donate more if you wish to help defray more of the cost for the buses.)

Just bring the receipt with you when boarding on January 19th.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:28:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Our effort should be spent on getting rid of the concept of "permits" altogether, not making permits better or more permanent.
View Quote

While I don't disagree with the idea that energy should be spent on getting rid of the concept of permits, I'd like something that doesn't look like a shitty business card.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:05:46 PM EDT
[#9]
For those who are comfortable leading a group in speaking to their legislators, VCDL is still looking for more people to be team leaders.  I did it last year and I signed up again this year - it's not that difficult.  If you need help or are interested, feel free to PM me.

And now let's move on to the most contentious debate surrounding Lobby Day - what you're going to wear.  Leave your camo at home.  Leave your shorts at home.  Leave anything that doesn't have sleeves at home.  Put on a collared shirt (or even better - a tie!) and some pants.  I'd rather have you show up in camo than not show up at all, but is it really that hard to dress professionally for one day?  We do ourselves no favors by showing up looking like we are about to go hunting.  Whether you like it or not, the media and the other side are going to find the most stereotypical people in our group and take photos of them.  Don't give them that opportunity - don't be that guy.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:33:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Ï
Quoted:
For those who are comfortable leading a group in speaking to their legislators, VCDL is still looking for more people to be team leaders.  I did it last year and I signed up again this year - it's not that difficult.  If you need help or are interested, feel free to PM me.

And now let's move on to the most contentious debate surrounding Lobby Day - what you're going to wear.  Leave your camo at home.  Leave your shorts at home.  Leave anything that doesn't have sleeves at home.  Put on a collared shirt (or even better - a tie!) and some pants.  I'd rather have you show up in camo than not show up at all, but is it really that hard to dress professionally for one day?  We do ourselves no favors by showing up looking like we are about to go hunting.  Whether you like it or not, the media and the other side are going to find the most stereotypical people in our group and take photos of them.  Don't give them that opportunity - don't be that guy.
View Quote

Big plus one.

Lets look like we mean business.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got my assignments for who my team is supposed to visit on Lobby Day

Sen. Saslaw
Del. Kirk Cox
Del. Terry Kilgore
Del. Eileen Filler-Corn
Del. Mark Keam
Del. Scott Surovell
Del. Kay Kory

I don't know much about Cox or Kilgore, but the rest seem pretty hostile to us.

Link Posted: 12/26/2014 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sen. Saslaw
Del. Kirk Cox
Del. Terry Kilgore
Del. Eileen Filler-Corn
Del. Mark Keam
Del. Scott Surovell
Del. Kay Kory

View Quote

We have to hit them all.

You'd be surprised who will listen to you if you are consistent.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 11:20:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We have to hit them all.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sen. Saslaw
Del. Kirk Cox
Del. Terry Kilgore
Del. Eileen Filler-Corn
Del. Mark Keam
Del. Scott Surovell
Del. Kay Kory

We have to hit them all.

Completely agree, I was just surprised to get a lineup so bad.  Normally I get about 1/3 hostile, 1/3 friendly, and 1/3 wafflers.  For the friendlies, we just need to thank them for their support, communicate our top priorities for that legislative session, and let them get on with their business.  For the hostiles, we have to show that we are human and that we don't fit the preconceived stereotypes that they have created for us (this is why I don't want anyone wearing camo in my group).  For the wafflers, we have to show that we vote and we are paying attention to what they do.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sen. Saslaw
Del. Kirk Cox
Del. Terry Kilgore
Del. Eileen Filler-Corn
Del. Mark Keam
Del. Scott Surovell
Del. Kay Kory

View Quote

You got the group I have dealt with the last three or five (yikes, how many was it) as group leader. My son and I will be joining you.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You got the group I have dealt with the last three or five (yikes, how many was it) as group leader. My son and I will be joining you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sen. Saslaw
Del. Kirk Cox
Del. Terry Kilgore
Del. Eileen Filler-Corn
Del. Mark Keam
Del. Scott Surovell
Del. Kay Kory

I'd be happy to have you in my group.  See you on Monday.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:29:18 AM EDT
[#16]
And I'm glad to have both of you in the trenches with me!  Remind those anti-gun legislators that you are simply representing the side of common sense.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:52:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Where's the best place to park?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Went with a group from Occupied territory and got to see two pro, one fence sitter, couple in session, and always interesting discussion with Rep Plum.  It was important that we visit him, even if we won't change his mind or position, but we are people from his or neighboring districts that support 2A rights.  He was diplomatic and we represented well, we were dressed in collared shirts, sport jackets/suits, and had a real life stories on how for instance school carry impacted wives. etc.

Sorry didn't get to see everyone there, crowd medium sized, and hopefully we will get the right bill passed.

I would urge people that for whatever reason weren't able to make it, doesn't matter why to call or at least email your representative.  They really do notice if your from their district.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sen. Saslaw
Del. Kirk Cox
Del. Terry Kilgore
Del. Eileen Filler-Corn
Del. Mark Keam
Del. Scott Surovell
Del. Kay Kory

It was good meet you!

And it was good to see lots of familiar faces. I had hoped for a stronger turn out though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It was good meet you!

And it was good to see lots of familiar faces. I had hoped for a stronger turn out though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sen. Saslaw
Del. Kirk Cox
Del. Terry Kilgore
Del. Eileen Filler-Corn
Del. Mark Keam
Del. Scott Surovell
Del. Kay Kory

It was good meet you!

I think turnout was slightly better than last year - maybe 300 people.  Still disappointing.  I did not see any of the MDA/Bloomberg crowd.  I wonder if they weren't paying anybody to show up today, or if they just gave up on Lobby Day and are instead waiting on Bloomberg's cash to buy the next election.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I think turnout was slightly better than last year - maybe 300 people.  Still disappointing.  I did not see any of the MDA/Bloomberg crowd.  I wonder if they weren't paying anybody to show up today, or if they just gave up on Lobby Day and are instead waiting on Bloomberg's cash to buy the next election.
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_24/575239_pics_or_vids_of_Lobby_Day_.html

VCDL videos to come.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top