Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2013 7:02:43 AM EDT
PCS'ed to Fort Lee for a few months and a few friends and I are looking for a range to shoot some Medium to Long range steel targets within a hour and a half or so from the Petersburg area.

We mostly have 5.56 SDM rifles and one of my buddies has a supressed 300 Blkout and some long range 6.5mm bolt guns.  

The only out door long distance ranges I can find seem to be atleast 3 hours away.

Any help would be appreciated
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 1:08:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Turns out one of my coworkers has a bunch of steel rifle and pistol targets so we really just need a place to shoot.

Link Posted: 12/3/2013 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey,  does Ft. Lee still have a range open to the public?  I went once fifteen or more years ago with a buddy but I haven't been since.  Anyone know if it's still open to the public?
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey,  does Ft. Lee still have a range open to the public?  I went once fifteen or more years ago with a buddy but I haven't been since.  Anyone know if it's still open to the public?
View Quote

It's has a rifle and pistol range that is currently closed.  It also has a skeet range.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 6:50:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's has a rifle and pistol range that is currently closed.  It also has a skeet range.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that sucks.  Any word on if/when the rifle and pistol range will reopen?
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I called and asked and it should be open in a month or so once the Best Warrior competition ends at Fort Lee.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Now would this be open to the public, say for shooting shotguns or just military?
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I called and asked and it should be open in a month or so once the Best Warrior competition ends at Fort Lee.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome!  I'll have to give them a call in January.  As I recall, it was a decent little range.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:00:11 AM EDT
[#8]
The Ft. Lee off-duty range is off Temple avenue and was open most Sundays depending upon the schedule of the Army Training and Marksmanship.  They have approx. 15 or so pistol, .22 rifle, muzzle-loading rifle lanes that are covered going out to 60 yards.  There are about 4-6 centerfire rifle lanes that are (limited to .223) and are uncovered going out to 95 yards.  The range is well maintained and organized but was temporarily shut down due to the government sequester as it is managed by Ft. Lee Recreational Sports personnel, but I'm not sure of their current status.  I was a volunteer range safety officer there for a few years and a member of the Ft. Lee Rod & Gun club when the off-duty range opened back in the early 80's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top