Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2013 1:57:36 PM EDT
Just got back from the gun show at the Roanoke Civic Center and it was a good one.
Several  gun dealers with a great selection of new guns and reasonable prices, decent ammo selection at fairly good prices (except rimfire of course), and lots of vendors with a good selection of used firearms. Still had some jerky vendors and other crap, but the firearms and related goodies far outweighed the worthless stuff this time around.
It's been quite a while since I could give a positive review of one of our local gunshows, but this one was worth the $9.00 admission.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:53:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm glad to hear it. I stopped in Roanoke 3 years ago on my way thru and it was a good show then.

A buddy and I are heading to Fredricksburg in a couple hrs for the show there.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto!  My brother (fellow gun enthusiast) was in town this weekend, so we hit it up.  We went Sunday around 130-ish.  It was not crowded, and like the OP said, had a good selection at good prices.  I was this >< close to buying a case of 9mm (can't find any here in town), but I need the money for something else right now.  Besides, I don't buy without checking online prices first...and I haven't done that in 10 months.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Any .22lr at sane prices?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:18:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any .22lr at sane prices?
View Quote

Nope.
That was the one exception. Guns, accessories, and center fire ammo were in good supply and fairly priced for the most part. The rimfire selection on the other hand, was still sparse and ridiculously priced. Cheapest brick of 22LR I saw was 500 rounds of Aguila for 47 bucks. I did manage to score a pretty reasonable deal on 5000 rounds of Remington Thunderbolt but it was from a private individual.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw a table with some Winchester 555 bricks for....$65
50rd CCI mini-mags for $12
He also had the 100rd CCI's, but I was afraid to look at the price...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top