Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2013 4:10:00 PM EDT

Who would you use for barrel installation/headspacing.

Thanks!

V6
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure where you are, but you could talk to Ned at Purcell's Custom Firearms in Orange, VA.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 5:38:28 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.acfstore.com/in C-Ville
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Location??
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Location??

http://www.acfstore.com/driving_directions
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I know it's not the answer to the question you asked, but have you checked the Build it Yourself forum on this site?

It's not hard to do, at all. It does require a bit of investment in tools, but I'm sure you could find someone local that would lend them to you.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 3:19:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the answers guys, I am in Richmond by the way.  I have dealt with ACF before, they are good people, gonna give them a call.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 3:39:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I would first check with Rick at TTI on Route 1. Best gunsmith in the Metro Richmond area.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 5:57:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would first check with Rick at TTI on Route 1. Best gunsmith in the Metro Richmond area.

+1000 for Rick.  He's on Rt. 1 about 5 minutes north of the old Green Top store.  I've used him for my AR and 1911 and his work is top notch.  Cool guy to shoot the shit with too.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Another +1 for TTi.  Rick is one of the best around.  We are lucky that he is in the Richmond area.  

TTi = 804.798.8938
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 11:49:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Sodan armament is pretty good they just built me a custom cheaper than I could buy a commercialy built one
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 11:50:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Forgot to say there in Quinton
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 12:07:19 PM EDT
[#12]
TTi up in Ashland is good to go. But I'll also second the recommendation to try to do it yourself, as TTi usually isn't cheap, even for basic things.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#13]
If its a new barrel and new bolt, you really could do this yourself.  

For a six pack of beer I'd let ya use all my tools to do it yourself if you were in NOVA.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I drove by there today on my way home.  Looks like they have closed  up.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:47:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe they started the move early?

From Facebook-
"On August 1, we will be moving our store a half mile down the street, in front of March Mini Storage, right next to Sarah's Canine Cuttery. Our new address will be 3300 New Kent Hwy, Ste A, 23141. We are currently working on remodeling the new location, and hope to upload some photos of the new place soon!"
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 8:28:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

+1000 for Rick.  He's on Rt. 1 about 5 minutes north of the old Green Top store.  I've used him for my AR and 1911 and his work is top notch.  Cool guy to shoot the shit with too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. But I would buy the tools and do it myself. You don't head space an AR. Just swap the barrels and go.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

From Facebook-
"On August 1, we will be moving our store a half mile down the street, in front of March Mini Storage, right next to Sarah's Canine Cuttery. Our new address will be 3300 New Kent Hwy, Ste A, 23141. We are currently working on remodeling the new location, and hope to upload some photos of the new place soon!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From Facebook-

Probly the same building that coles sporting goods was in.  The owner of that shop sold it to a guy that changed the name to crossroads outfitters then moved it to where Sodan is/was and ran it into the ground.  The owner of Sodan (Charles Sodan) was the smith there and took over the building and changed the name.  He is a good guy to deal with and appreciates firearms.  A buddy of mine has spoken with him about doing some cerakoting on a upper and lower and he does do it but I have not seen any finished results.  He does not keep a large inventory but he does not have a bunch of "sporting goods" either it is a straight up gun shop much like rick at TTI
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top