Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2012 5:28:22 AM EDT
So I'm really torn here.

My oldest kid turns 21 just after the new year.  She is away in college and has expressed an interest in getting her chp.

She can meet the training requirements easily as she is an NRA instructor for rifle and shotgun.  But she just came home for thanksgiving with some posters of her college rifle team.  Fairfax county requires you to give them 2 extra copies of your proof of training.

I think it would be hilarious to drop off her application with 3 rifle team posters as proof of competition experience.

But on the other hand she will drop her application off, then head back to school, so I don't want to have to drive 4 hours each way to bring her back for an ore tenus hearing because the judge didn't share my sense of humor.

What do you think, worth it or not?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:59:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like she already knows what she's doing. Easy, cheap way to do it just get her to take one of the online course for like 25$. http://www.vaguntraining.com/ looks like they have a deal going now.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:31:48 AM EDT
[#2]
She already meets the requirements and does not need any other proof. The OP was wondering if he should have a little fun.

Personally, I would rock the boat as little as possible and not do it. But I've been called a stick in the mud at times.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:16:39 AM EDT
[#3]
As funny as it may be, I wouldn't do it. Fairfax doesn't need any help being difficult with CHP's. Besides, the poster is really just a picture of her with a gun. A judge may not make the connection or appreciate the humor.

Oh, and you only need one copy of the documentation. Fairfax likes to play games and require extra-legal stuff.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:37:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I remember the day I turned 21 I made a straight trip from class to the courthouse.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Fairfax county requires you to give them 2 extra copies of your proof of training.

They can make their own copies. It's not legal for them to require anything more than the state statute. And they need to be reminded of that eery time they ask.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:37:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top