User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2003 8:15:39 PM EDT
One this weekend at the RIR Showmasters

And one next week at the Showplace C&Egunshows

Of course the one next week is always the better of the two,
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:53:52 AM EDT
[#1]
The Raceway show would be the better of the two if you were specifically looking for "older" type guns.  There was a much better selection of guns, like 1985's, G43's, etc. than you usually see at the Showplace.  It's no where near as large as the Showplace.  It's more of a C&R-type oriented show.

The Showplace has newer guns, and newer tech guns.  It's also a much larger show, so there's simply a wider selection of stuff.    

Since I'm not lugging my carcass up there two weekends in a row, I'm planning on the Showplace next weekend.  

Ross
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Darn it, Ross – you called it right.

The fairgrounds had the worst show I’ve ever seen there.  I went specifically to get some ammo from Chestnut Ridge, and they weren’t there!!  

I finally bought an M-1 carbine magazine from Dark Sun to justify the trip (almost 200 miles round trip and a $6 admission for a $14 magazine!).

I suspect a lot of vendors decided to make just the Showplace.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be out at the Showplace show with a couple of tables of stuff to move privately.  Too much to carry around, easier to sit on my ass ......  

I'm the big guy in the kilt....don't worry, I won't wear it to the show........  

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 3:15:29 AM EDT
[#4]
What sorta stuff will you have out there, and how will we recognize you without the Kilt to say "Hi"?

Ross
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:31:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I'll have a Colt MT6700C for sale with an Armalite scope mount on it, I'll have an Arsenal Inc. RPK there, some handguns, probably a bunch of M60 parts, a little of this, a little of that.

Here's another pic without the glass of single malt in front of my face:

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to the C&E show on Saturday the 11th. Hope to see some of you there. I wish I had an AR15.com shirt to wear..........

I'll be the guy with the BVM Jets shirt on.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Myself and a couple of others will be there Saturday morning. I will be wearing an AR15.com T-shirt that you might see if isn't to cold in there.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:34:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well, I'll have a Colt MT6700C for sale with an Armalite scope mount on it, I'll have an Arsenal Inc. RPK there, some handguns, probably a bunch of M60 parts, a little of this, a little of that.

How about a better list and maybe some prices?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:55:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok, here it goes....

Unfired pre-ban Olympic Arms AR15 heavy barrel, no box, 20" blackened stainless barrel: $1200.00

Lightly used Colt MT6700C H-BAR (1/9") Flat top w/Colt compensator, Armalite scope mount and Bushnell Trophy 3-9x40 w/MilDot reticle:  $1000.00 w/box & papers

Arsenal Inc. RPK.  Limited edition of 300 made, milled receiver, 23" barrel, blonde wood stocks.  I've run about 500 rounds through it and have the hots for another FAL, so something has to go.  Box and papers included:  $875.00 www.arsenalinc.com

Smith & Wesson M520 .357 magnum, a limited run from the mid 1970's for the NY State Police.  It's a N fram .357 with fixed sights, high gloss blue, 4" barrel, basically a S&W Model 27 with fixed sights.  Fired 51 times, very, very clean with box and papers:  $400.00

I also have a new Kramer horsehide Verticle holster (right handed) for a tapered barrel 4" N frame, list $110.00, I'll let it go for $60.00

New Hogue Kingwood checkered grips for a square butt N frame $45.00

I have a complete bolt and op rod for an M60, buffers, springs, etc, but I think I've got a buyer for that stuff.

Various other stuff that I might find laying around the gun room, maybe some other handguns.

Anyway, I'll see you guys out there.

T
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top