Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2003 4:07:46 PM EDT
Is there anyone in NOVA area that can change out an upper receiver for me?  I have a Bushmaster A2 upper with an M4 barrel.  My wife bought me a Rock River flat top that I want this barrel installed on and then re-headspaced.  I have a USMC M16A2/M4 manual and a DPMS barrel wrench but none of the other equipment needed nor the experience.  I'm willing to pay a gunsmith but I imagine any in this area will charge a lot for it.  I'd be much more willing to pay a member of AR15.com
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Gilbert's Small Arms Range.  Their smith is named Larry.  He's a decent guy doesn't charge much.

703-550-8005 I think is the number.  They are open til 10pm most nights.

Ed
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:09:14 AM EDT
[#2]
You can also see about Dawsons down on RT 1.  About 3 miles south of 123/RT1 intersection.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:36:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I just had the guys at Gilberts handle a few things for me.  They switched out a 20" barrel and installed a 24", plus a free float tube and swivel stud.  I also had to have the muzzle brake pinned in for post ban use.  Total cost was $90 labor.  I supplied all parts.  

They are good guys there.  They may not be cheap for gun purchases, but they do know their stuff.  They also only charge $15 for transfers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top