Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2012 4:16:37 PM EDT
Three FA-18's just buzzed Appomattox County, heading north. Afterburners lit and everything....neato!

P
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#1]
CAP or training?
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure...guessing training.   Flights of three, one, then again same later.  Looks like they are making practice runs on a facility in Buckingham.  Over fly my location, drop down and then 'ZOOM' back up.  Really neat to watch.  Love to see and hear them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Bugs, Super Bugs, and Strike Eagles and Ospreys buzz my house everyday.  There are a few gorges around here that they like to use as practice runs.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, I herd those too!!!  They getting on with the program.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Just heard them here! As low as they fly it will wake you up!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:26:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought you meant there was a band called the F/A-18s covering "in the air tonight"...
There is a flight line from Oceana that comes over this way. They all turn to RTB over the Radford Arsenal or some point in Carroll County.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I thought you meant there was a band called the F/A-18s covering "in the air tonight"...

There is a flight line from Oceana that comes over this way. They all turn to RTB over the Radford Arsenal or some point in Carroll County.
Carrol County is where they usually ingress from as they burn up Rock Castle Gorge and then to a circle and fly up the New River through Giles until they hit the Arsenal then fly directly over my house.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#8]
That would be a neat name for a band.. F/A-18's...  lol

Yep, they pretty much peel the shingles off the roof sometimes.  Used to be the F-4's and the A-6 Intruders.  Heck, I used to live in Concord and remember the C-130's going over. (Gosh, where did those 40 years go....)

Always welcome them doing there thing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 9:08:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Bugs, Super Bugs, and Strike Eagles and Ospreys buzz my house everyday.  There are a few gorges around here that they like to use as practice runs.  

I've been hiking in the mountains down around Vesuvius, Virginia, and have looked down into their cockpits as they zoomed past...heh.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That would be a neat name for a band.. F/A-18's...  lol

Yep, they pretty much peel the shingles off the roof sometimes.  Used to be the F-4's and the A-6 Intruders.  Heck, I used to live in Concord and remember the C-130's going over. (Gosh, where did those 40 years go....)

Always welcome them doing there thing.

I grew up on Whidbey Island at NAS Whidbey and we got buzzed by A-6Es and EA-6Bs 24/7. it was a beautiful sight. They'd all drop 100+ feet no more than 200 yds from our back door as they got low over the Skagit Bay.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top