BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2011 6:51:14 AM EDT
took 37 days 87 would have been too long

business days at that
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#1]
If i remember correct, mine if Fairfax took the full 45. I let it lapse by accident and had to start over, the good news I live in Spotsylvania.

Mine in Spotsylvania took 7 days. I dropped the application off on a Friday and the next Friday it was in my mailbox.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If i remember correct, mine if Fairfax took the full 45. I let it lapse by accident and had to start over, the good news I live in Spotsylvania.

Mine in Spotsylvania took 7 days. I dropped the application off on a Friday and the next Friday it was in my mailbox.

I had to go down there and get mine on day 45.  I dont live there anymore thankfully.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Hampton took the whole 45, but my wife got hers in 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:23:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine for Arlington co. Just hit 45 days and I got the temp permit in the mail today. I would like to know what the hell takes so long. My PA permit took 15 minutes total!
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had to go down there and get mine on day 45.  I dont live there anymore thankfully.

You had to go down for Fairfax or Spotsy? I had to go down to get my Fairfax but the Spotsy arrived in the mail. When my g/f applied for hers, the clerk laminated my card for free while I was there.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 2:55:17 PM EDT
[#6]
PWC just sent my renewal back to me with a note that I had not included proof of competence. Um, it's a renewal. Someone may be incompetent, but it's on their end.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My day 45 was a Friday, and by the time I saw it didn't come in the mail, they were closed. So I had to wait the weekend and call on Monday (day 48). Went down an hour after calling and picked it up.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:49:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Localities in NoVa are well known for dragging their feet. I tell all my Northern Va students to stay on top of the Clerks and dont let them pull this shit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:27:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:27:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Fairfax took every day of the 45 allowed them by law.  I received it in the mail on the 45th day, and I was already set to go down the next day to say wassup?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:38:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Fairfax has over twice the population of the next largest county.

The People's Democratic Republic of Arlington just likes to drag its feet.

They have opposed shall issue CHP from the get go, and ask for it to be eliminated every year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top