Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 10:40:50 AM EDT
Two Muslim (looking) men buying several American flags. Why does that bother me

FWIW- I am posting this here because I do not want to pour more gasoline on the Koran-vs-Bible burning threads already going on in GD. I don't know that these men intend to anything disrespectful but somehow I did not get a warm fuzzy feeling as they spoke to each other and threw the flags in the cart.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#1]
One of 3 things:

1: They're out of Charmin
2:  Retalliation for this Saturday's festivities in Fla.
3:  They're just looking for flags to fly in rememberance of the most horrific day in US History.

I'm hoping/praying for #3.
But betting on #2.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I am hoping for # 3 as well. I know my OP kind of makes me sound biggoted but something about the whole scene still bothers me three days later.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Listen to your gut.  The list of folks that thought afterwards 'well, it just didn't feel right' is a million miles long...and usually kick themselves.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Or perhaps

#4 two patriotic Americans buying their nations flag.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Or perhaps

Shocking !!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or perhaps

Shocking !!

Most homes I've seen only have one flag pole. OP said two guys were buying several flags.

We should pass a one flag a month law to keep them off the streets!

/sarcasm off

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Or perhaps

Shocking !!

Most homes I've seen only have one flag pole. OP said two guys were buying several flags.

We should pass a one flag a month law to keep them off the streets!

/sarcasm off

Thanks for that I just hope wine does not stain leather a leather couch

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:08:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I have always had bad feelings around Muslims even before 09/11/01!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:03:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have always had bad feelings around Muslims even before 09/11/01!

nawh....they're just hippies with a purpose.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:56:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't see what all the fuss is about.  The fucking Koran replaced the Montgomery Ward/Sears/Penneys catalog in WV outhouses years ago, right after 9/11.  If the Rev Jones really wants to set the fuckers off why don't he splash Pig blood on the Koran and then Drop it in a bucket of pig shit.  He wont be breaking any law about open burning.  The towel heads regularly defile our flag and bibles and Toras so why not a little turn play.  

He is a strange looking shit head, he could set the Pentecostal movement back two centuries in this country.  

It may be that we have a different make up in this country, we don't have mass gatherings and burn and stomp on the Saudi flag when many folks feel that they are behind all of this in the first place.  I think the level of restraint shown in this country speaks legions for its citizens.

I just hope the guys who bought the flags do it near some NY dock workers.  Me I want to burn a Mexican flag, go eat some burito's and Nachos and have a Dos Equis with my buds.

Yeah I know, its early and I have only had two cups of coffee.  A good morning to all ARFCOMers now matter where you come from or who you worship.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:06:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't see what all the fuss is about.  The fucking Koran replaced the Montgomery Ward/Sears/Penneys catalog in WV outhouses years ago, right after 9/11.  If the Rev Jones really wants to set the fuckers off why don't he splash Pig blood on the Koran and then Drop it in a bucket of pig shit.  He wont be breaking any law about open burning.  The towel heads regularly defile our flag and bibles and Toras so why not a little turn play.  

He is a strange looking shit head, he could set the Pentecostal movement back two centuries in this country.  

It may be that we have a different make up in this country, we don't have mass gatherings and burn and stomp on the Saudi flag when many folks feel that they are behind all of this in the first place.  I think the level of restraint shown in this country speaks legions for its citizens.

I just hope the guys who bought the flags do it near some NY dock workers.  Me I want to burn a Mexican flag, go eat some burito's and Nachos and have a Dos Equis with my buds.

Yeah I know, its early and I have only had two cups of coffee.  A good morning to all ARFCOMers now matter where you come from or who you worship.

Good Morning !!!!

BTW , ANGMSG we need to meet up someday since we are often confused for each other here
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:00:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
BTW , ANGMSG we need to meet up someday since we are often confused for each other here

Wait.....you're NOT the same guy?!!?

WTF???

ETA: Looks like we're back to wondering....they're not burning the Charmin this weekend. Wonder what else is planned since there's a burn ban here in the panhandle.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:11:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You

Good Morning !!!!

You should come out to our next meet and greet. Bring some NOVA friends we can talk about the south riseing again or something like that..
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

3:  They're just looking for flags to fly in rememberance of the most horrific day in US History.

Statements like this do nothing more than belittle all of the OTHER important dates that we should be remembering.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:42:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Or perhaps

This could be a possibility, no way of truly knowing unless you asked them!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:03:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

3:  They're just looking for flags to fly in remembrance of the most horrific day in US History.

Statements like this do nothing more than belittle all of the OTHER important dates that we should be remembering.

Like what?
How many times has a foreign entity killed 3000 people on US soil at one time?

Or are you referring to, for the Democrats, this coming November's Election?

I could have said 'one of the most'....but it's without comparison.

But, I can guarantee that the next time it happens, that 3000 will pale in comparison....seriously pale.  Or is that what you're trying to warn us about?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:44:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Oh I dunno, Gettysburg, 3 days of American casualties to the tune of 40-50,000 people. Pearl Harbor, which directly lead to how many hundreds of thousands of US casualties? 1814 when the US CAPITOL was burned by the British? San Francisco earthquake in 1906 killed roughly 5,000 people. The 1929 stock market crash did not take its toll in bodies but in many ways much more harmful to the nation. The most horrific part of 9/11 is the way it's being used to erode our freedoms through the guise of "security." Increased police state, phenomenal increases in government spending, spying on US citizens, detaining people without due process, basically the government walking all over the 4th, 5th, and 6th amendments. TJ, Patrick Henry, and George Mason would be spinning in their graves if they saw the level of federal government power today.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:02:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:The most horrific part of 9/11 is the way it's being used to erode our freedoms through the guise of "security."

bingo.  there's a project at work to build an internet spy box to monitor "persons of interest."  i refuse to work on it, having seen first hand what law enforcement can do to people who are completely harmless.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How many times has a foreign entity killed 3000 people on US soil at one time?

Looks like reading should be fundamental. I realize there are lots of little letters....pick out just the red ones...it'll make it easier for ya.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:15:19 AM EDT
[#20]
We have GD for a reason.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top